SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
For a long time I've been following the forum trying to learn how to do this and that. About time I stick my neck out!
smile.gif

Car Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle Tire
The 444 is of course the forerunner to the more wellknown 544. This is how it looked in the first version in the late 40s.

Wood Art Automotive lighting Sculpture Personal protective equipment

Vehicle Car Automotive design Wood Classic car

Natural material Beige Creative arts Rectangle Wood
Made of balsa and lots of tamya putty. The under side view shows glued in plastc sheets around windows and wheel arches to get thin and even surfaces. All windows are flat so I will glue in 1mm styrene windows hoping to help strengthen the body.

Hope this is understandable, my english is as rusty as a volvo from the forties...

More to come.

Attachments

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi
Well if you made that yourself and it was your first effort you should be well pleased ,the shape is really good and with a bit of care in the finishing and painting you will have a model you can be proud of

cheers tony

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Nice job, I see you've used sheets of balsa to form your original block to give you those built in lines to help with symmetry. What's your plans for a chassis?

·
Bob Chapman
6,935 Posts
Well done carver, truly scratch built, and it definitely looks like the real one in shape etc.
As Tony has said, you should be well pleased with your efforts.
Bob

·
Mike
629 Posts
There was me hoping that this was the mold for a small production run. Very nice well done

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Brilliant, I'm so in awe of you guys who are able to carve models from raw materials. Although I've got a good eye for whats straight and level, this kind of work is beyound me.

Look forward to seeing the progress, thanks for sharing it Carver.

Simon

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Excellent work, very well done. I look forward to seeing the finished slot car.

David

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
That is a very promising start Carver.

It looks really good.

Having made a total scratch Balsa Triumph TR3 I know how much work goes into something like this.

Keep up the good works thanks for sharing and please keep us updated!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Very nice!
I hope you present the body at the swedish site also!
What kind of chassi are you Going too use?

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
QUOTE (munter @ 13 Jan 2015, 18:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Where is the "like" button?

LIKE!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm overwhelmed by the response! After all it is just an old family car...
Thank you all for your interrest and kind comments!

The photos in my first post are a couple of months old, next 2 are a little newer. We will soon catch up...
This is not my first effort, it's my second. The first ended up a mess, don't wanna talk about it.... Learned a few things though.

Tire Wheel Toy Vehicle Automotive tire

Trying the body with penelope pitlane wheels and PCS chassis. Later on it will get a simple homemade brass thing to go with the retro bodystyle.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Here are most parts of "the kit" lined up. Brass grill is inserted. Bumpers are made of sheetstyrene, doorhandles of brass. Chrome is bare metal.

Carver

Attachments

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,629 Posts
I'm very impressed by the line of the roof, very nicely curved/carved.
I recently built a resin kit of a PV544 and am becoming quite an admirer of these older Volvos.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts