SlotForum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Ahead of the DSCF (a German slot forum) roll out of their 2004 model this coming weekend at Swiss Race Bahn, I thought I had better get on and finish last years model

The 2003 model was a Volvo S60 run by Mühlner Motorsport, with the option for two versions, both in resin and pre painted or plain finish.
One racing at the 24h Race - 2002 - Nürburgring and the other at Spa, also in 2002.

I opted for the Nürburgring version (hope I got it right because Ulli Andree, one of the cars drivers should be here this weekend to promote the new model

The decals are not all a perfect fit, some being too large or incorrectly printed but overall the quality is very good..

Note this version at least was actually sponsored by Carrera and the DSCF themselves..

The chassis isn't done and the body is waiting for the decals to totally dry so I can add a top coat of varnish.

The kit came complete with all you needed, including Ninco BMW running gear, driver,half interior, screen, decals and a sweet pack of photo etched and cast parts.

I added front scoop mesh but the rest is as supplied.

Overall I think the body is going to be too heavy to compete well with the Ninco BMWs but it is a good looker and a spot of tuning will tell.

This years kit is to be the 2003 S60, also by Mühlners Team but will come without running gear. Think I will look into the Slot.It option this time.

·
Registered
773 Posts
...well done mate! FYI - the big decals are a little oversized in the region of the wheel arches to make application easier

We'll see what comments Ulli will have. You're heavily using the mesh I see - but leave me some as I have some 1/24 cars to finish

·
Registered
474 Posts
Nice job that thing looks great!

A caravan wouldn't go a miss!

Doug

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
A caravan?????

Noooo!

anyway it hasn't got a Dutch number plate so it isn't legal to tow caravans.

Rokkoko - the new release is even better looking!
go look around www.click-and-drive.de

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Hey Thomas,are you back????I need to send you these wheels.

Also,what wheels are on the Volvo up top,I could use a set of those to expand my meagre(I have 2 so far)range of inserts for the new 18"wheels.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are Ninco BMW wheels and I havent used them so I will put them in the pack with the Scaley Porsche and stuff Al.

·
Registered
474 Posts
QUOTE anyway it hasn't got a Dutch number plate so it isn't legal to tow caravans.

Ah yes though, being a Volvo he would have got away with it...

Doug

·
Registered
773 Posts
QUOTE (bwaminispeed @ 13 Dec 2004, 20:30)Hey Thomas,are you back????I need to send you these wheels.

Also,what wheels are on the Volvo up top,I could use a set of those to expand my meagre(I have 2 so far)range of inserts for the new 18"wheels.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Al,
I'm back in Europe - finally

These are the original wheels of the 2004-Volvo

If you've inserts for them, it would be great!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Well, tuning done, body protected and this is the final result..

MB slot wheels wearing Ninco Rubber from the original rims.
Slot.It axles and Slot.It 11/34 ratio sidewinder crown and pinion gears.
Ninco Crusher motor.
No added weight but had to trim the rear wheel arch to clear the tyre on the right hand side of the car.

It now runs compatible with my standard Ninco BMWs and both NSRs, although all these have the NC5 motor and 5 grams weight behind the guide.
The S60 was just too slow with the NC5.

·
Registered
773 Posts
WOW!!!!
I fear I can't compete with my Volvos agains yours! Well done mate! Car looks impressive!

What are the costs of your "operation"? Wheels and other accesories? Is there a chance that you prepare an other chassis for me till Saturday?

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Maybe you shouldn't ask that one thomas

MB slot wheels are around 20 Euro a pair and that was the last set I had.

If your kit with chassis is under Suzuka somewhere I can trim and tune it but not with aluminium wheels unless I can find a couple of Slot.It ones to suit.
I also do not have another Ninco Crusher I don't think.
I can set it up with Slot.It and an NC5 probably, phone me if you have time, phone is OK today (battery was dead yesterday).

Overall that tune up was high in price but if you consider the cost of the car itself then maybe it is justified, if only so it does not end up as a poor performing shelf queen. A full Slot.It HRS running chassis would probably be a less costly option and almost certainly Mr BWA has a good set of axles/wheels etc to suit it. Ninco wheels are easy to trim down into inserts too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts