SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Changes galore mark this new release by 'thomas' (the last in 1/32 scale, next years will be 1/24 and is under wraps).
Despite a price hike and the decision not to include a chassis or running gear, the car is an exellent model, with 3 different 2004 liveries possible...

Available painted (€95.00) or plain (€ info to come - sorry I forget right now), the kit is not short of extras and parts to get your teeth into...

The decal sets alone (three full sheets) are a work of art and are seperate decals not a cut to size sheet...

Differences between the first and this are as marked below, on the real car these changes (with others to chassis and motor etc) gave the Team a decrease in lap time of around 1 minute over the 20Km Nürburgring Nordschleife !! ...

Redesigned wing mirrors. The addition of side skirts. Front side deflectors (photo etched parts) that on the real car increase downforce and reduce turbulence around the front wheels...

Larger, lower rear skirt added. New rear spoiler (photo etched parts), direct from the Porsche GT3R...

A completely redesigned nose giving higher aerodynamics on the real car. New deeper grille. Larger lower diffuser (photo etched part). Redesigned front scoop and the loss of the wheel cooler ports...

So overall, for the kit enthusiast, this car should satisfy on many levels. Suggested chassis and running gear would be Ninco BMW M3 which the car is designed for, rtr Slot.It HRS for performance or try a scratchbuild chassis running on BWA parts for example?

Quality versus price? well I leave that to you but suggest the quality isn't far short of the likes of LMM, Racer and Protoslot etc....

One last note, if anyone buys on of these and is looking for good pictures of the decal layout for each livery, I have photos of all three cars from all angles for reference. Just drop me a line and I will email them on to you. I haven't posted them here so I can leave them in large format for clarity.

·
Registered
180 Posts

Hi,

looks like you´re not familiar with nowaday´s Volvos

To get a bit deeper into it I recommand www.swedespeed.com --> news --> motorsport.

There you´ll find a race report of every race we competed in. Mainly we were racing the Volvo in the German Endurance Championship wich is known as Europes best long distance series, and of course in the famous 24hrs on the Nürburgring Nordschleife. The races for the championship are held on that legendary track also and are from 3,5 to 6hrs duration. The cars are divided into 2 groups mainly: modified specials and production cars. These groups are divided into different capacity-classes.

Well, to make a short cut here: We won 10 out of 11 races where we competed in and won the overall title in the entire special group. Taking the production cars into account we finished 2nd overall, because points are awarded according to how many cars were starting in your class. Due to the fact, that the production cars are much cheaper to run, there are more cars in this category rather than in that for the specials, which means more points, also...

And after 2003 we once again won our class in the Nürburgring 24hrs in 2004. And YES: All these victories were achieved with our Volvo S60-silhouetted special car, built by: www.muehlner-motorsport.com.

And guess what: Our Volvo ended up as the most successful racecar on the Nordschleife this year. No Porsche, no M3, no Viper - a VOLVO!!!

Best regards

Ulli

·
Registered
180 Posts
...oh oh - hopping from forum to forum I forgot to say hello to everyone

My name is Ulli Andree, I´m located in Germany and had the honor to be invited to the 1:32nd Volvo roll-out at Slotcenter Egg, where I met Thomas, Allan and many more slot-pros. We had a great day there and I was impressed by the tracks and the driving abilities of my Swiss-based friends. Further more I just couldn´t take my eyes off the new 1:32nd-Volvo - thamas and Thomas: You did a fabulous job!!!

When it comes to slot racing I´m only racing 1:32nd at home and only once a year I´m driving on club tracks. I´d like to do more and would also like to build 1:24th cars, but I cannot afford to do so, due to the fact that I don´t have the time. During spring / summer / autumn (Fall) I´m very much involved in the 1:1 racing programme of the Mühlner-Volvo S60 (which you saw in 1:32nd, recently on this site) so I´m out every 2nd week-end at least to race the 1:1 car. And over the winter I have to rest

In case of any questions, pls. drop me a line.

Best regards

Ulli

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hello Ulli,
Congratualtions on your success with the Mühlner-Volvo S60 Team. My younger brother Paul, is a driver with the At Speed Motosports Volvo team out here in the States. He is a teammate of Derek Bell, Bob Miller and Jameson Riley. The cars race in the Speed Channel GT Series. You're probably aware of the teething problems they're going through but they will be a force to be reckoned with once the car is sorted.

Good luck and best wishes for your continued success with the Volvo.

Regards, Mark

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Mark,

I´ve been in contact with Bob and Derek for this year´s 24hrs on the Nürburgring to drive the 2nd Mühlner-car, but unfortunately we couldn´t raise the funding via potential US-sponsors. Maybe 2005...

Best regards

Ulli

·
Registered
715 Posts
OOhhhh! Thomas. REALLY, REALLY nice job. You don't take the easy way out, do you?

Awesome model. I need to get off my tail and buy AND build one up!

This one is resin as well, right?

-maltese

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi there,

even though I´m not Thomas, I can answer that question: Yes, the body is made from resin. There are lots of photo etched parts included to detail the car properly. I´ve done two of them, now, and they look awesome.

Best regards

Ulli

·
Registered
773 Posts
@ Maltese - just order one! I think, the car is worth the money. And it's sold by cost - no profits on my side!
FYI - the finished body complete with interior etc. is 22g - not to bad for a resine-kit I think

@ Ulli - send photos if you've finished your new kits! And some together with the "refurbished" 2002-version.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts