SlotForum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Changes galore mark this new release by 'thomas' (the last in 1/32 scale, next years will be 1/24 and is under wraps).
Despite a price hike and the decision not to include a chassis or running gear, the car is an exellent model, with 3 different 2004 liveries possible...

Available painted (€95.00) or plain (€ info to come - sorry I forget right now), the kit is not short of extras and parts to get your teeth into...

The decal sets alone (three full sheets) are a work of art and are seperate decals not a cut to size sheet...

Differences between the first and this are as marked below, on the real car these changes (with others to chassis and motor etc) gave the Team a decrease in lap time of around 1 minute over the 20Km Nürburgring Nordschleife !! ...

Redesigned wing mirrors. The addition of side skirts. Front side deflectors (photo etched parts) that on the real car increase downforce and reduce turbulence around the front wheels...

Larger, lower rear skirt added. New rear spoiler (photo etched parts), direct from the Porsche GT3R...

A completely redesigned nose giving higher aerodynamics on the real car. New deeper grille. Larger lower diffuser (photo etched part). Redesigned front scoop and the loss of the wheel cooler ports...

So overall, for the kit enthusiast, this car should satisfy on many levels. Suggested chassis and running gear would be Ninco BMW M3 which the car is designed for, rtr Slot.It HRS for performance or try a scratchbuild chassis running on BWA parts for example?

Quality versus price? well I leave that to you but suggest the quality isn't far short of the likes of LMM, Racer and Protoslot etc....

One last note, if anyone buys on of these and is looking for good pictures of the decal layout for each livery, I have photos of all three cars from all angles for reference. Just drop me a line and I will email them on to you. I haven't posted them here so I can leave them in large format for clarity.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts