SlotForum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help with some wheels or advice on where to get them from for a VW Bettle project.

I noticed the Ninco Porsche 356 wheels are very similar if not the same but they are not listed as a spare part anywhere.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Marin

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
QUOTE (phoeno30 @ 29 Jul 2004, 00:42)I noticed the Ninco Porsche 356 wheels are not listed as a spare part anywhere.

Marin
Ninco Porsche wheels are indeed very hard to come by, I've been looking for them in the recent past but could not find them anywhere

please keep us posted on your Beetle project

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm sure that in the near future the Ninco porsche wheels will be offered as a spare part, at present I am converting a Scaley Beetle (the lime green one) into a Lucky Strike livery - I've used Fly Porsche GT wheels and they seem fine.

Let us know how you get on, and if you do need the Scaley VW wheels I've got 4 in very good condition, just PM me if you want them.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think the ninco wheels were available at the introduction of the Porsche 356's but have long been discontinued. The pink car wheels are still available. Radtrax had some on special a while back and the spanish site A2M had them listed for their resin bodies.

Click on 'Wheels 1' on the link below

A2M Resin Bodies

Radtrax Pink Kar

·
Registered
398 Posts
Rad Trax lists the Ninco Porsche 356a front wheels and axle assembly as part # n70136 @ 6.95 US a set

It is listed as the axle part but comes with the wheels and tires As I got some a while back, just order two sets to get the four wheels needed.

Look them up in the 1/32nd parts area under Ninco and then on page three near the bottom of the list.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Pink Kar CVRV034 - Front Axle complete for VW Beetle rrp £3.00
Pink Kar CVRV035 - Rear Axle Complete for VW Beetle rrp £3.00

The wheels are not available seperately.

Aaron

·
Registered
61 Posts
phoeno30, if you're scratch building one from a plastic model kit, try using the ones they gave you in the kit, my next project is a beetle, and I've already look at the wheel situation and I think t I've found it, using the standard wheel (kit wheel), glue a crown? rear axel cog into the wheel, I've used this idea on broken scalextric wheels before with 100% success, if you would like some pic I can get you some.
cheers

·
Registered
61 Posts
PS perhaps you could buy some plain wheels and grind yours down to use as a hub cap to give you the VW wheel look?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Phoeno30

I've made a few Beetles and found that if your making a standard model the Pink Kar wheel give the best overall representation. If you're using the Airfix kit or the Onethirtysecond resin model you can fit the wheel nut covers they supply to the wheels

See the 1960's and 1980's models in the link below.

Beetles Index

The Pink Kar chassis is perfect to motorise these models as well.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi JAK,

Thanks for the info. After all this I am going to use some wheels I had left over from an old car which I used the motor from in something else. The car is for my partner so she will come and drive with me occasionally if she had her own car. She is not fussed on wheels but If I decide later to make it more of a classis beetle I will get some from Gaugemaster I expect.

Thanks again to all who posted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts