SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi all,

Not long for round 2 of The Wales and West Championship. Phil Barry will be our host this round.
Following Round one at the excellent North Staffs venue I am sure that this one will see some very competitive
racing.
We will be using the extended track for this round.

Set up tips.(hope you don't mind me posting Phil. If you can add anything please do)

Ninco

Again the Mosler will be the most popular car ,with the Ford GT, and as Phil Field proved at North Staffs the new
Audi R8 is going to be A top contender.
Gear ratio 11 tooth pinion with 32 or 34 spur will work well.
A variety of motors work well Slot It Boxer, NSR Evo 2 and 3, Ninco NC 14's and MB slot all work well.

NSR

All cars from the range were used at North Staffs.

The only thing you can change is the spur gear, standard out of the box black gear works well.
Just to remind everyone you can use the red motor mount if you are not registered for the championship and therefore
not scoring any points.

If you could let Phil know if you will be attending I would be a big help. Also due to the popularity of the series we might limit the numbers to 30 drivers ( registered drivers will take priority)

Attendees

Phil Barry
Phil Field
Russell Powell
Ben Clements
Keith Clements
Craig Jones
Steve Jones
Matt Bastin
Martyn John
Bill Charters
Don Stanley

Regards,

Steve.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys names added as requested.
U
Phil Barry
Phil Field
Russell Powell
Ben Clements
Keith Clements
Craig Jones
Steve Jones
Matt Bastin
Martyn John
Bill Charters
Don Stanley
Wayne Goble
Luke Tyrell
John Underwood
Tony Squires

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Shaun,
Thanks names added looking forward to it also, see you soon.

Phil Barry
Phil Field
Russell Powell
Ben Clements
Keith Clements
Craig Jones
Steve Jones
Matt Bastin
Martyn John
Bill Charters
Don Stanley
Wayne Goble
Luke Tyrell
John Underwood
Tony Squires
Shaun Mitchell
Probe

Cheers,

Steve.

·
rob Wallader
785 Posts
Hi Guys,
I wish I could make it to this event. I loved the track when we raced in the 6 hour endurance.
I'm unfortunately going on a stag weekend in Nottingham. I have to go as I'm the best man, it wouldn't look good if I was to go early so I can race model cars. Don't feel too sorry for me. I've arranged Football, Paintball, Tank driving, evening meal at Hooters & entry into the best lap dancing bar in Nottingham! this may take my mind off missing this event. good luck guys..

Rob

·
rob Wallader
785 Posts
I've just had a great idea, Can I just send my cars along and nominate someone of a similar standard to myself to race them for me?
I was thinking of Shaun Mitchell racing them for me. If he picks his ideas up, I'm sure he can race at my level!

Rob

·
rob Wallader
785 Posts
I was thinking of adding the Aber event as part of the stag do. but I couldnt see some of these guys doing to well with a hangover to cope with.
There is plenty of room on the stag do. everyone is welcome.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Kane/Charles,
Your names have been added, thanks.

Phil Barry
Phil Field
Russell Powell
Ben Clements
Keith Clements
Craig Jones
Steve Jones
Matt Bastin
Martyn John
Bill Charters
Don Stanley
Wayne Goble
Luke Tyrell
John Underwood
Tony Squires
Shaun Mitchell
Probe
Kane Tilley
Charles Tilley

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi All,

Just over a week to go for round two of this years championship. JMO I will add you and Kate to the list.....I assume you will be joining us?
Phil Barry, can you let us know what time doors will be open. If you can be a little earlier it would be nice say 8.30 I will give you a lift.

Phil Barry
Phil Field
Russell Powell
Ben Clements
Keith Clements
Craig Jones
Steve Jones
Matt Bastin
Martyn John
Bill Charters
Don Stanley
Wayne Goble
Luke Tyrell
John Underwood
Tony Squires
Shaun Mitchell
Probe
Kane Tilley
Charles Tilley
JMO
Kate.

Any more ?

Regards,

Steve.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Phil Barry
Phil Field
Russell Powell
Ben Clements
Keith Clements
Craig Jones
Steve Jones
Matt Bastin
Martyn John
Bill Charters
Don Stanley
Wayne Goble
Luke Tyrell
John Underwood
Tony Squires
Shaun Mitchell
Probe
Kane Tilley
Charles Tilley
JMO
Kate.
Chris Binley

Thanks Chris your added.
Can I also remind drivers that the clocks go on one hour don't forget to alter yours!!!!!!!!

Steve.

·
Registered
95 Posts
John mentioned to me that i should have a championship membership card. as i registered in round 1.

Will i get this at the weekend?

Cheers, Luke Tyrrell

·
Phil B.
3,749 Posts
Just a reminder that we don`t have food at the social club, so the nearest outlet is Bailey`s BP garage just off the Cantreff pub roundabout on the A40 Brecon Road just 1/3 of a mile from the hospital.

The other thing is for the smokers - the hospital trust has just banned smoking anywhere on the hospital campus, including the grounds

Cheers - Phil

·
Registered
95 Posts
QUOTE (Aberstone @ 24 Mar 2012, 12:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The other thing is for the smokers - the hospital trust has just banned smoking anywhere on the hospital campus, including the grounds

That's just not cricket! haha

get your patches out lads!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts