SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hi all,

Just a quick reminder to say that rounds 11& 12 Wales and West will be held at Wolves venue October 2nd.

Apparently they have just extended the track and also had it repainted in A Santex finish.
As the Slot It Challenge will be there the following week it should be good practice for drivers who also attend that series.
Hopefully when Mal reads this he will post opening times with some set up tips.
Could you please let us know if you will be attending to give us some info on numbers.

Best regards,

Steve.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hello Steve.
Details requested.
Opening time...... 8.30am Sunday
Yes, the track has been extended and re surfaced.The extension is about 4m and consists of 6 new variations in bends, making it more "Technical" It has a fine textured santex surface.
It has been in use for the last 2 weeks and various set ups have been tried, members are still in the build and try mode.
Tea coffee and a small selection of cobs will be available.
BLT's could be available if required.Let me know.
The club will sponsor a trophy for the highest combined laps over the two rounds.
Any questions,just ask.
Looking forward to Sunday.
Malcolm

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mal,

Thanks very much for the info. Also thank you for your support with the trophy.
Look forward to racing on the new track. Drivers please post to let Mal know of potential numbers plus if you require
Bacon butties!!

Regards,

Steve.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Guys.
The new extension is 'challenging' to say the least. There is a drop in the track just before the old hairpin, so be warned to weight your models around the guide area of the chassis...aviation of light front end models will occure!
The track has been re-painted in its original sandtex paint but has not as yet 'rubbered in' so grip at the moment is low.
If you used tallish gearing for your Ninco A/W models for the 'old' International, then look to go up a tooth or two on the spur gear, you will need more control around the new tighter 'Tyrer Curves' section.
I will be there on the day, of course.
Kind Regards Bill.

·
rob Wallader
785 Posts
Ignore Bill, there is loads of grip! Im thinking of varnishing my rear tyres to reduce the grip level. The new part of the track if tricky, if your over 70 & or have bad eyesight (blind).
The one thing that is hard, is marshalling at the end of the main straight. we will need someone quick, alert & inteligent. So if you know someone bring them along, as this rules out peope from Wolves, Stoke & Wales.
I also advise fitting around 20 grams of lead, just behind the rear axel.

Rob

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Ignore Rob.
He's in Peking, very bored because non of the girls speak English, well not his version any way, and he may have had one or two Saki's by the sound of things!!
Regards Bill.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just to let you know I will be there Sunday.
Sadly no John as he has been racing the last 4 weekends and feels a little family time is in order this weekend.
Looking forward to seeing your new extension [ o `er misses!]

Wayne

·
Philip Insull
1,793 Posts
Hi Folks,
For those of you coming to Wales & West and Slot It Challenge at Wolves in October Malc has asked me to post a picture of the new dip and "Tyrer Curves" complex on the Wolves Intenational track. The cars do get airborne into the dip and look fantastic coming up the hill through the curves.

Good luck to all who are taking part in the Wales & West Round this Sunday October 2nd - marshals get your catching gloves ready!
Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi All.
On behalf of WSCC,
Thanks to all the W&W guys who attended today, a real cracker of an event!
Big thank you to Malcolm, Rob W, Steve and Phil for doing the majority of the scrutineering, lap scoring and race control.
Good close racing through all the heats, but a certain Mr S Mitchell from the Parish of Stoke upon Trent was a victor in both rounds!!
I will let Steve give you the full results.
Just one event left, (2 rounds) at Hereford/Abergavenny (TBC) on Sunday the 13th November.
Many thanks to all who turned up today.
Kind Regards Bill.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi All

A big thank you to Malcolm, Rob and others from Wolves for a thoroughly entertaining and well run meeting
The new piece added to the track makes it really exciting, definitely a track improvement. Thanks also to Steve and Craig for sorting out "parc ferme" and the race results

Some excellent and close racing throughout the day and all in a friendly manner.

Hope to see you all at (?)Abergavenny for the last 2 rounds.

All the best

John

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi All

Thanks to all who turned up today. As the above posts say great day at Wolves with the new track section sorting out the men from the boys! Thanks also to Malcolm and the crew for their hospitality.
Another big thanks to all of you for supporting the series, looking forward to seeing you all at the grand finally at Abergavenny/Hereford in a couple of weeks time where the trophy and prize presentation will take place.
Will post today's results tomorrow.

Cheers,
Steve.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Steve.
I know you have sent an email to all registered drivers, but could you post the full results for this event (rounds 11+12) with lap totals, please. It is nice to have a record of these events.
Cheers and thanks, Bill.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry about the delay in posting results but I haven't really had the chance as I have been extremely busy with other
things.....playing with my new IPad!
Apart from that I forgot!!!!!!!
So here they are,

ROUND 11

1st Shaun Mitchell 89.81 laps
2nd JMO 85.01 laps
3rd Bill Charters 84.46 laps
4th Ben Clements 84.03 laps
5th Mathew Sharples 83.91 laps
6th Rob Wallender 83.82 laps
7th Phil Field 83.14 laps
8th Keith Clements 82.15 laps
9th Probe 80.36 laps
10th Don Stanley 78.91 laps
11th Kane Tilley 78.56 laps
12th Ryan Nightingale 77.28 laps
13th John Bailey 76.27 laps
14th Kate 76.10 laps
15th Craig Jones 75.69 laps
16th Tony Squires 74.36 laps
17th Mark Wain 74.33 laps
18th Steve Jones 74.23 laps
19th Wayne Goble 73.61 laps
20th Malcolm Scotto 72.99 laps
21st Charles Tilley 71.29 laps.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Round 12

1st Shaun Mitchell 89.95 laps
2nd JMO 86.94 laps
3rd Phil Field 85.03 laps
4th Bill Charters 84.06 laps
5th Ben Clements 84.06
6th Mathew Sharples 81.57 laps
7th Keith Clements 80.89 laps
8th Probe 80.67 laps
9th Kane Tilley 78.63 laps
10th Ryan Nightingale 78.17 laps
11th Tony Squires 78.03
12th John Bailey 77.91 laps
13th Wayne Goble 77.88 laps
14th Craig Jones 77.28 laps
15th Steve Jones 75.91 laps
16th Malcolm Scotto 75.78 laps
17th Mark Wain 75.29 laps
18th Kate 74.10 laps
19th Don Stanley 73.62 laps
20th Rob Wallander 73.55 laps
21st Charles Tilley 67.78 laps.

Thanks to all who attended. Next and final rounds of this 2011 championship will be at Aberstone on NOVEMBER 13th.
Where we will present trophies plus raffle will be held to all registered drivers where some nice goodies could be won!
Hope to see you all then.

Cheers,

Steve.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts