SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Rounds 7 & 8 will be held at Honiton on the 31st July on their newly constructed 5 lane poly track.

Hope to see you all there. Scott will post set up tips etc on this thread.

Drivers attending so far:-

Steve Jones
Craig Jones
Phil Field
Ben Clements
Keith Clements
Matt Bastin
Russell Powell
Scott Lazell

Could you let me know who else will be coming.

Cheers

Steve.

PS
For directions please contact

Scott Layzell
[email protected]
07540 746123

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info your all posted.

Steve Jones
Craig Jones
Phil Field
Ben Clements
Keith Clements
Matt Bastin
Russell Powell
Scott Lazell
Steve Blackmore
Kes Blackmore
Dan Real
Bill Charters

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On Behalf of Scott,

Hi, very much looking forward to seeing you all on 31st July, and I'm sure you will enjoy the new track. Boxers and scale auto blue cans work well, I run mine with a 11/30 ratio and it goes ok. Track is MDF with recessed copper braid with a smooth floor paint finish which is rubbering in nicely.

If anyone is coming down the day before we can possibly open for practice and if you need some B & B phone numbers then contact me (details below). We do have an open day on 19th June (more details soon).

Cheers
Scott Layzell
[email protected]
07540 746123

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Scott,

Can you or someone from your club be available for half an hour or so just to give
me a hand with the scrutineering before racing. I think it would be better with one independent from each club to oversee it so everything remains neutral.

Cheers

Steve.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Steve,

No problem i can help with scruntineering. Can you put my son Richard down on the list too please.

The club address is, St John Ambulance Hall, Haydons Park, Honiton, EX14 2TA.

I will try to put some signs up from the High Street, if anyone wants detailed directions then contact me.

What do you guys want to do about lunch, there is Tesco's less than 5 mins away by car, but we can use the oven in the kitchen - Pasty and chips????

Scott

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Scott,
Thanks, also added your son to the list.

Steve Jones
Craig Jones
Phil Field
Ben Clements
Keith Clements
Matt Bastin
Russell Powell
Scott Lazell
Richard Lazell
Steve Blackmore
Kes Blackmore
Dan Real
Bill Charters

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Don,

Your added to the list!

Steve Jones
Craig Jones
Phil Field
Ben Clements
Keith Clements
Matt Bastin
Russell Powell
Scott Lazell
Richard Lazell
Steve Blackmore
Kes Blackmore
Dan Real
Bill Charters
Don Stanley

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi All,

Thought that I would re ignite this thread to remind everyone that our next round of the WALES & WEST is at Honiton. Scott has
finally finished the track and is looking forward to having the Wales and West drivers at his club.
Should be interesting as most of us haven't raced on the new track!

I think Scott has posted set up tips but if anything has changed Scott could you re post set ups.
Can I add anyone else to the list? It just gives the host club some idea of numbers.

See you end of July.

Steve.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
''Hi All,

Thanks for letting me know, It just makes it easier for the host club to know how many will be turning up.
Looks like a good turnout. Look forward in seeing you all soon.''

Steve Jones
Craig Jones
Phil Field
Ben Clements
Keith Clements
Matt Bastin
Russell Powell
Scott Lazell
Richard Lazell
Steve Blackmore
Kes Blackmore
Dan Real
Bill Charters
Don Stanley
Rob Spence
Ron Lane
Charles Tilley
Kane Tilley.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve Jones
Craig Jones
Phil Field
Ben Clements
Keith Clements
Matt Bastin
Russell Powell
Scott Lazell
Richard Lazell
Steve Blackmore
Kes Blackmore
Dan Real
Bill Charters
Don Stanley
Rob Spence
Ron Lane
Charles Tilley
Kane Tilley.
Kate
JMO

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi

Just a quick note, doors will be open from 0830 on Sunday. Directions from M5, come off at J28 (cullompton) and follow signs for Honiton, when you come into Honiton turn left at the Traffic lights (T-Junction) and continue up the High Street taking the next RIGHT (New Street) continue up this road past the railway station to the very top of the hill where you will have a mini roundabout and the entrance to a church in front of you. Turn RIGHT here and then next RIGHT, half way down the Hill you will see the St John hall on the right, Turn right again and park in the car park on the left, the kettle will be on!!

Hope this makes sense, if you get stuck please give me a ring.

Cheers
Scott
[email protected]
07540 746123

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Many thanks to all at East Devon Slot Car Club for a great days racing. Their new track was excellent although needed some patience
in order to get the tyres right. For those who did racing was fast and furious. It certainly was a home track advantage the only Registered driver to
get close to the East Devon Drivers was Phil Field who managed to come 5th overall (1st registered driver)

Many thanks again for your hospitality. Results will be posted on this site plus on our website for those of you who can access it!!

Regards,

Steve.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Thanks to all the Honiton guys!
Good days racing, great track, and friendly banter. Your old track was excellent, but the new 5 lane is a little gem, a real credit to those who designed and built it. Perhaps next year some of your members might consider doing the W&W series, as Sunday proved, with the strength in depth of your home racers they would do very well!
Congratulations to the winners and placemen.
Kind regards Bill.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.