SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have asked this before but you never know who is new to the forum !

Does anyone remember the slot club that raced at Fort Perch Rock - New Brighton in 1967
I'm sure it was called - Wallasey Miniature Model Car Racing Club - or something equally as long as that.
The club was run by Trevor Burton and Dave Kendrick - with many of the racers coming from the Aintree club.
They raced at the fort in a shell storage room - it was a member of E.C.R.A. in 67 and shows in the hand book for that year.
It would be great to see a picture of the track if anyone has one.
I know its a longshot but its worth a try ----------------

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My memory may be faulty here,but I'm sure I read somewhere-it may have been on this forum that there is a 'photo of the track actually at Fort Perch,which is now a museum. I must pay a visit there soon.....
TED......

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope that is correct as I'd love to see a photo of it - I will phone them and see if this is true - if so maybe they could scan it and e.mail it to me !

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't remember the track, but was brought up in New Brighton (still live close to there) and used to visit there quite a lot as a child in the 60s. I started racing at the Aintree club in '69 or '70 and don't remember any talk of it there either.

I used to work with the guy who owns the Fort now so will call by and see him next time I'm passing.

I'll see what I can dig up!

David Jones, Wirral, UK.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you ever do track down a photo of the Perch Rock track, I hope it wasn't taken at the time Mike Dockery and I visited with a pair of Airfix bodied Ford Cortinas. Or if it was, I hope it isn't a colour photo. You see for reasons now beyond comprehension, we decided to paint them bright pink!

David

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got back from Fort Perch Rock, they have no photos of the track there but have suggested a couple of people who may have.

I'm just going to email them now.

Emails sent, wish me luck!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts