SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
This appears to be a square Mabuchi motor. The are typically an inexpensive 3 volt toy motor.
Look on Ebay.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thank you for your response . Question I would have to take motor out of case of the micro mini And put In the atlas case am I correct . Then how would the brushes work with motor .

·
Rich Dumas
3,539 Posts
I don't know if the armature from a Micro Mini motor would work in an Atlas can, the shaft is on the wrong end for one thing. I think that Atlas cars were the only HO ones with five pole motors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes exactly. That’s why I have to find someone to look at the motor . Hard to find and replace . I buy cars on eBay they all don’t work . And if they do work top dollar and to nice for parts .

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Hi Anthony,

I might be wrong but...

I see the wire connections for the windings are very exposed. Have you inspected all 5-winding connections to the commutator? Are all 5 connected properly?

Any small piece of debris can knock a winding wire off the comm plate when they are that exposed. These toys were not designed to last. The winding wire that's exposed in the photo looks like it already hit something that gave it a distinct bend/curve.

Best of luck!
Ken

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m going today to get a MagnifyGlass I can’t not see that close . Thank you Ken I’ll get back to you on it . Tonight . Going to post a close up of it

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Anthony,

Now that you have the armature isolated. Do you have an Ohm-meter? They are not that expensive at the hardware store these days.

Touch 2 points across the comm and see if there's resistance or an open circuit? Go across each set 2-at a time and look for a dead winding.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok Ken I touched 2 points I got reading of 14 . Didn’t get any other reading . I cant imgine trying to work on this very small . Have to be a watch builder .

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Hi Anthony. You need to check all 5 windings. They should all be close to the same resistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts