SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Gary Skipp
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, is there a PCR convert out there that is willing to sell an original Honda Civic Chassis?

Both my rear axel retains cracked down the middle when I removed the axel in order to remove the magnet. Car hasn't turned a wheel! Disappointed and annoyed.. Can anybody help?

Thanks

· Gary Skipp
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had no issues with any other car. Was spending some time with Alex yesterday, he said magnet removal from his Civic was tricky, but no damage.

I'd like to think I'm pretty sympathetic when it comes to using brute force (or rather, not using it) and let's just say this isn't the first axel (or magnet) I've ever removed ;) However it IS the first chassis I've ever broken doing so. That is if you discount all of the ceramic-like NSR motor pods that crack if you look at them in a funny way
lmfao.gif

I'll put it down to tough luck but I just hope I can find a replacement. Can anybody help?

· Mark
732 Posts
My sheddon civic from the btcc set did exactly the same. Contact scalextric by phone or website and they will ask you to send it in to them and they will either repair or replace it. I Wasnt very impressed with how easily it split. Topped off by the fact that no spares are available.
Hope it helps!
Mark

· Gary Skipp
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Repair?
lmfao.gif
Yeeeeeeh right! This, so to speak, is a dead parrot!

Growing in concern that this is a weak point and common failure. Anybody else suffered this with the Civic or any other model?

· Bob Chapman
8,850 Posts
Hi Gary,I i haven't tried to move any of mine about yet. I will certainly be careful. I should thi k with the nu,ber of PCR chassis's out there someone should be able to have a spare stock chassis.
A quick call to,your dealer may help out to.
I take it you are running non magnet , so removi g or Sandi g the retaining clips down shouldn't matter to you. As for the axle bushing retainers cracking, that is a kick in the pants. There are fixes , but it shouldn't really happen in the first place.
Best of Luck
Bob

· ParrotGod
12,513 Posts
Sorry to hear that Gary and unfortunately I cannot help.

I have to say that the honda I got was badly put together: when I took out of the box the rear axle hubs were not fixed to the chassis but the guy that assembled the car managed to screw the body on the chassis.

In the process, a tooth of the pinion went missing.

I wonder if your chassis was already damaged when you got it because it was not assembled carefully at the factory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.