SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting this in here as it seems most likely that those who bought one of these would be lurking inside this corner of the site......

Proto Slot seem to have run out of this wonderful model and i'd really like to get one to do a 'project' on. Has anyone got one? Or does anyone know where I can buy one? (except electric dreams who want ot charge me a fortune to post to Italy!) I'd like prepainted but otherwise the raw version would also be fine.

PM me!!

Cheers

Andi

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
You mean Teapot Andi, the Lobster Claw was the Brabham BT34

David

·
Registered
486 Posts
Are Electric Dreams charging you more than $13.25 US to ship? That's what the USPS online "postal calculator" says it will cost...I work just a mile from the ED warehouse; I could purchase the kit for you and ship it for that amount.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Electric Dreams have a sentence on the calculator saying that shipping to Mexico, Asia and Italy has to be recorded which costs 30 dollars!!!!!
I guess the solution is to get it shipped to the UK where my dad lives and pick it up next time I go over.
Sadly a lot of people have had problems with Italy! I've never had ANYTHING go missing.......

Andi

Thanks for the offer of help though.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Andi,

If you want my advice buy the ED car as soon as possible. It is a great kit and very hard to find now. (The one I made is one of my favourite cars.) Even if you have to pay the extra for shipping to Italy.....buy it before it slips through your fingers.

Although I will admit that the cost of the kit, shipping and the Fly March donor chassis will make for and expensive toy....but still worth it.

Cheers,
Philip

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hi Andy,

Apparently Italy has very stringent imported toys with lead paint laws. If a retailer marks the item as a 'TOY CAR' it will be confiscated.
If it is marked as a 'MODEL CAR' usually you have no problems. The US post office has alerts to this fact on the customs form.

Chris

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for everyone's advice on this. I have now bought from ED and shipped to the UK.
Chris's advice might help take Italy off the list of 3rd world countries although I have always suspected mafiosi type scams being to blame...... Othwise how to explain that i've recieved over 150 cars through various sources without a single hitch?

Andi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts