SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my lastest routed track of Warwick Farm Race Track from 1963. I used 9 mm MDF wood and tinned braid as well , also tried some new things like hand made ripple strips out of 3 mm MDF and left run off areas and used ninco fences to soften the cars impact. Here are some pictures.

Regards Bo

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
Hi Bo. It is an excellent track. I also have a "garage background" for most of my track. It's amazing how with a little Photoshop, you can see how a background can really make a picture "pop." I'm not sure how to get rid of my garage background though. In any case, really nice track, great details, thanks for sharing it.

·
Brad Korando / Brad Korando
1,089 Posts
I really like your choice of scenery and buildings. It gives your track a classic well manicured sort of appeal. I don't know if the driver figure is supposed to be Dan Gurney, but it sure looks like him. It'd be appropriate to have the rear axel broken on that Cobra of his. Nice work Bo!

Brad

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Very nice.

Very tasteful.

I was thinking Goodwood until the truth came out.

Tell me, is that footbridge a bespoke item or a discontinued mass-produced thing? I don't think I've seen it before.

·
Registered
263 Posts
QUOTE (FZSsemans® @ 27 May 2007, 22:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A very nice and clean looking track. looks great for hours of driving. Can you give some idea about the size coz I think its really big

Here's a pick of the layout of the track

The layout (reverse to the pic)

and made up as a scalex track

It closed in the late 70's

the problem was that it ran in conjunction with the horse races ( the big round thing in the top of the first photo) and the road track cut across the track in two places,and there was more money to be made with the horses ......... but it's death-knell came with all the added safety requirements needed,the cost factor was way too much

Warwick Farm today ...... you can still see parts of the old track

Gary

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.