SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have had the slot car bug after having a scalextric track as a kid. Now in my late thirties I have finally built my own 2 lane routed track. It took 3 years of monitoring this forum to pick up as many tips and tricks as I could to make my track look and run well. The layout is similar to my old scaley layout I pulled down 4 years ago. ( sorry no pics ). I wanted a modern looking race track with plenty of color, so I have followed the types of fencing /barriers etc to those on Australian race tracks.

I got too involved in the making of my table and routing of the track, that I didn't take any photos!

Below are some pics from the start, with a lot more to follow.
Track is now 80% complete with only trees and grandstand to go.

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,376 Posts
I usually complain about pics being too big to see but in your case they are too small to see the track. Pics are best sized to about 650/700 pixels wide for posting. Track looks interesting what I can see.

Phil

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Phil Kalbfell @ 16 Jul 2006, 23:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I usually complain about pics being too big to see but in your case they are too small to see the track. Pics are best sized to about 650/700 pixels wide for posting. Track looks interesting what I can see.

Phil

Phil, I appreciate what you are saying about the size. I have used photobucket as my host but they automaticaly resize the photo's to 160x120 regardless of the original size. Can you or anyone else help me with a resizing option on photobucket or an alternative free host?

Thanks in advance , Kane.

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
QUOTE (triggy03 @ 16 Jul 2006, 15:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Phil, I appreciate what you are saying about the size. I have used photobucket as my host but they automaticaly resize the photo's to 160x120 regardless of the original size. Can you or anyone else help me with a resizing option on photobucket or an alternative free host?

Thanks in advance , Kane.

I use Photobucket as well, but it never automatically resized my pictures...

·
Registered
68 Posts
A gratuitous, unsolicited plug here.

If you become a "Plus+" member, you get a decent 30mb space to put pictures, and an extra 20mb for attachments in posts. the image upload works a treat and saves yet another web site, or FTP program for uploading images.

I think with the exchange rate, it cost around $20 Aud, supports the forum, and you get 10% off at various on-line retailers !

oh, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your track.

Regards,

Ken

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phil Kalbfell,
I used the link you referred to, to letter, however I couldn't use the Starphoto host as it was down, therefore I used Photobucket. I will have to play around to get the pic size in the post right.

Rolloverdj,
The track is running and just needing trees and grandstand to complete it. Got timing hardware yesterday, so will connect that up next weekend. I have heaps of other pics to show, just have to get the size right before I do.
I am from Woodcroft, down south near Reynella. Yourself?

·
Alan Tadd
4,047 Posts
best I can do I'm afraid....If you email me the originals I can resize them for you before they go into photobucket.

Looks a great track. Some of the best new routed tracks are coming from Aus these days.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
167 Posts
triggy,
were from the norton summit, ashton area of the adelaide hills,

have to let all know when your done so a few of us, so to speak, locals can come down for a visit and give it a bit of a go, heres the post to the track we have just finished, if your interested in coming up for a drive let us know and we might be able to arrange something.

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14345

Phil.

·
Ian
99 Posts
Triggy,
It looks to me like you have routered more than just the main slot ie have you taken out a small section there to put the copper into?

That track looks like it is going to be really exciting.

Good to see you can host the pictures now.

Ian

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.