Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Hi Jim, as we say here down under "BUGGER", no good at all mate.

I have a mate that has a suspended track and I have always thought of trying to do one but this is the second fall I've seen on this forum now so I think I might back off knowing my lack of handy man skils.

Hope you get it back up & running soon.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
That is terrible! Maybe it's worth getting a professional to advise on fittings and linkages before creating a suspended track and then getting it checked over afterwards. Someone could get hurt.

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
That is a drag. Sorry to hear of it. Looks like a great track so rebuild!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys no one was hurt, I was standing next to it getting ready to install a new timing system.
My wife asked if I rebuild to please make it stationary. So I guess I will build something smaller that fits the space and can be stationary.
I would raise the track so I could park my Mustang under it.
Haven't been in the attic yet but looks like the cables came loose from the pulleys.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
QUOTE (saleen385 @ 17 Jul 2011, 03:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok guys no one was hurt, ........
I would raise the track so I could park my Mustang under it ........
Jim

Good to hear no one was hurt, even better to hear the Mustang survived as well

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
After everything that happened, it's brave you will be parking your Mustang under the new track!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (zarko @ 16 Jul 2011, 11:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>After everything that happened, it's brave you will be parking your Mustang under the new track!

Not going to park the Mustang under the new track, if I build a new track it won't be suspended.

Jim

·
Registered
394 Posts
Man Dude, That bites. Looking at the pics is looks like alot of the routed track is salvagable. Whats the chances of repairing what you had? Or is it to far gone? Just glad that no one was hurt, or the mustang.

John W.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ey Up,

There is nothing wrong with the concept. Repair it and make sure that it wont happen again by getting the engineering right.

A suspended track is the "best of both worlds" and should be respected, not junked.

VBR Chris A.

ps: put a padded cover on the 'Stang !!.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Glad there wasn't anybody hurt (physically anyway).
Probably gonna be real gunshy about a suspended track

Speaking of "best of both worlds" and "getting the engineering right"...what about a tilt-up track that can reside along that wall? With the pivots set right it can be nearly gravity neutral.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts