SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Hi All

Some of you may remember a few years ago I was supplying urethane slot car tyres. Work and education commitments left me little spare time so I haven't done it for a while but recently I've gotten back into making slot car tyres and 3D printed parts for my own scratch building. I posted a topic with some of the wheels, chassis and spares just before xmas.

Refreshing old cars with 3D prints thread

A few people have asked about getting hold of some of the parts I make so I have opened this store to make them available. I have the following parts available

Chassis and pods

At the moment I have a standard inline chassis I've been using for my own builds, It takes a WASP inline pod and can be made in variable wheel base and widths, I'm also ablt to move the mounting post locations to suit.

I will be making angle and sidewinder chassis soon.

I have also made inline motor pods to take Mabuchi large end drive and Long can motors so far but will be doing angle and side winder soon.

Urethane tyres

Smooth on vitaflex urethane shore 40 tyres molded from the originals in silicone molds. I have a huge range of molds already (see table on the tyres page). I have also started making the mold master tyres using 3D printing, I design the blank the size I want, print it, sand it smooth and make the mold from it. This gives me the advantage of being able to make any size I like, I can also leave a runner to the inner face of the tyre to trim off later giving an excellent inner surface.

Wheels & inserts

Wheels are 3D printed, they are push fit on axle, I have several designs I've already done and I keep adding to them all the time. I make them in 2 halves and add a brake disk in the center. While I think these wheels are great thay are only really intended to be replacements for other plastic hubs, they will never be as round as aluminium wheels. If required I can also print them as inserts for alloys.

Mirrors and trim pieces

Believe it or not the 3D printed wing mirrors actually look amazing, I use a 0.25 nozzle at 0.12 or 0.08 mm layer heights and they print awesome. I am going to start experimenting with a 0.15mm nozzle soon so may be able to get even more detail. I have a few mirrors already designed for Ferrari F40 & 288, Renault Laguna BTCC car, Jaguar XJ220 & Nissan LM, I'll be adding to this all the time.

I also have some spoilers and other trim parts done such as the Ninco Calibra DTM spoiler, Peugeot 905 Rear spoiler.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Good to see you back Wayne.

I've been meaning to get some new tyres for a while, so will be putting an order as soon as you are ready. Will you be reactivating the excellent old website with all the tyre measurements & models?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (chris99 @ 25 Jan 2017, 09:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good to see you back Wayne.

I've been meaning to get some new tyres for a while, so will be putting an order as soon as you are ready. Will you be reactivating the excellent old website with all the tyre measurements & models?

Hi Chris

The old site has been deleted but I do intend to list all the sizes and models here in the tyres section of the hobby shop. I have resin at the moment so let me know what you are after. I'll get the list up later today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.