SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Here are a few pics of my layout. I posted the Tracker 2000 design in an earlier post.

Its 133 feet long, 2-lane Classic Scalextric. The table (actually made up of nine (9) 4-foot square "modules") is 16 feet long and 8 feet wide, 12 feet wide at the "L" end of the table. I allowed a "corridor" around the entire table so marshalling is pretty easy. The lanes are fairly equal, with the outer one being 8 inches longer than the inner one.

It's a fun track to run on, lots of different challenges.

Let me know what you think...

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments on my layout.

While the track looks busy, it really is straight-forward once you do a few laps.

The biggest problem area is the sharp turns at the end of the long straights, guys carry way too much speed into them! It's gotten better since I added brakes to the track. And, of course, hairpins are always tricky, particularly when we run non-magnet cars, the back ends really come around.

Have a good weekend...

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
QUOTE it really is straight-forward once you do a few laps.
Good grief!
I hate to think how convoluted a track would be that you considered a bit less than 'straight-forward'! Without the plan posted elsewhere, I couldn't actually trace my way around the photographs - got lost out in the countryside. Eventually, I think I counted THIRTY SEVEN changes of direction - 'a few laps', for me, would be a few hundred, I think.
It's a masterpiece!
A masterpiece by a sadist, I might add. But it looks GREAT!

·
Registered
721 Posts
This reminds me of some Toy Train layouts I’ve seen by some serious collectors. When you look at the layout you say to yourself … no way but when it’s in operation it’s truly magical. I love this layout for what it represents… a fun time had by all. Thanks for sharing it with us. I only wish I had as much space.

·
David Moss
461 Posts

That's a hell of a track!

I get the feeling that's not a track you memorise too quickly. And it should be a challenge to get a good time regularly.

Thanks for the pics and well done.

Bacardibeast

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
So many wonderful tracks and hard to keep them all fresh in one's mind!

I think it's great when someone digs out a slightly older one like this for refreshed enjoyment by some and a completely first look for many others.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey Nice looking track ! I bet it's a Blast to race on.
How do you get to the back corner if a cars spins out or a crash or somethings not working with the track ? I have a 16 feet long by 10 feet wide L shape track & I have troubles reaching my far corner ?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Lovely track.

Cheers Nick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts