SlotForum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts

Why paint a Scalextric Porsche Boxster white? Well it's all for charidee!

Bob, a colleague at work decided he wanted to run, for charity, a slot car track at various fairs and alike during this summer. He belongs to the Staines Round Table, and looked at creating a track using Scalextric classic I'd given him. I told him about the MDF track I routed last year (see my albums to see my very modest first attempt) and so he downloaded the BSCRA guidelines, and made himself a track. Each piece has it's own legs, it all breaks down so he can fit it into his car, and the first public outing is at work next week for Big Red Nose Day. I shall take some photos of it in action on the day. The pic in the gallery was his trial setup at home last weekend. You'll notice the unimpressed wife was not in the photos!

The format will be some money to set the fastest lap of the day, and the winner will get a prize. All proceeds get added to the company pot. To make it fair, I'm painting two cars for the special day, the 'race' car and a 'T' car. I've done the mock-up, and the two charity cars are being painted this weekend. As soon as they are finished I'll post pics on my blog.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts