SlotForum banner

WE DON'T ALLOW THAT

10K views 130 replies 32 participants last post by  P944guy 
This is and always will be a contentious subject, but rules in general are always instigated to slow down the fast drivers never to force the slower guys to speed up ,shame but it has always been thus,
example ,if someone finds a massive performance improvement within the rules the default position is prohibit or ban never ,make everyone adopt it so you can all go quicker.
and as they say
if I’m wrong I’ll give you the money myself
but I think my dinner money still safe for now:D

Joel I might not draw up our rules but unbeknown to most I’m entirely responsible for the technical side as I go through it every year before and after the agm so Noel doesn’t have many problems To contend with,as for club cars it’s not so bad at the moment as John is supplying some good cars but in the past club cars have usually been utter garbage,spirt 2002 BMWs irest my case ,there’s nothing wrong with club cars as long as you start with a good car and then give them to the best Biulder you have in the club to prepare them,not as happened with the ninco Megan’s where I did 2 and someone else did 2 of which they put all 4 zero grips on one car. but in reality club cars handout tyres ect all the stuff that apparently levels the field does not and never will level it ,as the same 4 drivers are always the top 4 ,club cars ect are like a doctor’s placebo people believe it makes a difference to who will win it doesn’t it just reduces the gap buy how much they lose ,but lose they will,the only chance they have to win is do what I did which was put the time and effort in to learn how to build a car and more importantly how to drive it,but they won’t go to club at weekend like we used to on Saturdays and do thousands of laps cause if I took the same attitude as some of our members who love handouts ect I’d never have come back but I didn’t I saw it as a challenge to get better .I didn’t expect the rest of the club to come down to my level I learnt how to do it and progressed up to theirs
but that’s just me.ranting over
now where did I put those handout tyres

The problem I have is not the prep it’s that the dam things won’t stay on the bloody wheels,unless you’re a child running on 3 volts your tyres should be glued on I’m not against everyone using the same tyres untreated, I’m against having to use a car that has not been biult properly as in the past ive lost the class .not because of any other reason than when driven on the limit the tyres come of the wheels and yet again it’s down to the fast being handicapped by the slow as when someone else says mine don’t come off They are doing 9.5/9.9 I’m doing 8.5/8.7 so if I drove as slowly as them mine probably wouldn’t come off but to drive as slowly as most of them I’d need to do it facing the wall blindfolded,but that aside a car that does not have its tyres glued on is improperly biult,as well you know,as for our scrutineering you’ll be surprised how many cars are actually ok,as despite what you may think I do descretly check a lot of our cars and only really find things that aren’t worth worrying about,now I do have an idea that gets round them not being glued on and it’s this vic keep the tyres in a box with separate compartments so we could have wheels with the tyres glued on and hand those out as there’s not much difference between changing wheels or tyres ,but I don’t doubt someone will find a problem with that as well.

Dopamine we have a certain member who I the same,he still thinks that a saloon car biult before 1988,is an Audi TT every time you say you can’t run that ,the reply is the same,but it’s a saloon car,I also find that the people who don’t really read the rules are usually the ones who complain that you’re car is to fast, why is it so much faster than mine,to which I reply read the rules and build it properly,but deaf ears and all that :D

Truth be told most people who race,couldn’t build a wall if you gave them a box of Lego ,let alone a slot car,the constant complaints of why is mr x car so much quicker,is usually it’s biult properly,a good example is I turned up one night got my nights mixed up took the wrong cars ,another member was gracious enough to lend me a car for each class so I went sat down went through both cars put right all there problems and went out and won both classes with someone else cars .which shows that their cars were plenty quick enough once sorted properly,which is much as u all won’t admit at least 70% of the overall package.cause more than half the battle is if u got a car that stays on when pushed hard you can back of and just walk it home.
so next time you go to your club ask the fast guys to look at your car and tell you what they have done that you haven’t and believe you’ll be surprised how much more you have to do

The trouble with the nsr Mosler is the problem we’ve been discussing here,if for example your club has 20 members only 3 or 4 can actually build a car properly,and if you’re gt class allowes the Mosler ,those who can exploit the inherent performance of the car will be way out front , and everyone then believes well if I had one of those I’d be that good so of they trot to get one ,and the next time out they say how is mr x Mosler so much better than mine answer he’s a good Biulder and has harnessed all the performance the car has to give but everyone else has wasted money buying one,the class becomes a Mosler class the results remain the same the top 3 are always the same ,so next time a car comes along that is apparently the dogs do dahs don’t waste money straight away,cause if you can’t keep up under your current regulations just buying the next flavour of car will not change anything
remember the fast guys can buy them as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.