SlotForum banner

WE DON'T ALLOW THAT

10K views 130 replies 32 participants last post by  P944guy 
Wood Green North London is the place for you Mr Gunn.

It's very much the modifiers club. We do have a couple of near stock classes, Group C being the strictest, even then, gear/pinion changes are allowed and for 2022 all points scoring rounds all cars must have 1mm clearance under the motors. All cars run on Ortmann tyres.

The rules are sooooo relaxed that I'm considering entering a Sideways BMW M6 GT3 in our Touring car class! Yes, even thought it says "GT3" on the wings. As long it's a 4 seater saloon, even 2 door coupe, it's apparently OK as a Touring car.

We have choice of 4 motors, Slot It MX15 (21k), Slot It Flat 6 yellow, ScaleAuto Tech-1 S Can & odd ones ....Fly Evo2 or Ninco NC2, yes no one is bothering with the last 2. It's either Flat 6 or the Scale Auto. In-line or sidewinder only set up.

I don't agree with it so it's a bit of protest entry to show the absurdity of current rules. I expect things will tighten up for 2023. For now, the extra wheel base and track might have an advantage of standard Slot it Calibra, Merc and Alfa 155's. There are 3 well sorted 3d chassis SCX touring currently leading the charge. I have tested the M6 with in-line flat 6, nothing special and not quicker or easier to drive the Calibra with the ScaleAuto motor. So this set up with ScaleAuto motor in-line is my last attempt, with a gear ratio change possibly....

Photo to follow...

Max

That Calibra is looking good to chase the leading trio of 3d chassis SCX cars.

Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Circuit component Computer hardware

I'd like the M6 to better the Calibra, taking advantage of the longer wheel base and wider track, all within the specs for this class.

Background Ninco Jag's with the excellent Amato chassis, old cars back in action for Good Wood

It's not a touring car in the same class, really???
Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive design Motor vehicle

Max

Kevin
I have one of those Scalextric Bentley GT's with 3d chassis doing nothing, all set up and no where to race, I might look at that again.

I'd like to see this class go the same route as Group C, making it an exclusive Slot It class.

Thanks
Max

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.