SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

We now have a new Farnham Scalextric Club website, fully illustrated, in which to find out about the club, its extensive range of classes, how we race, our results and... erm... stuff.

Product Green Font Screenshot Motor vehicle

Its all very new but will soon be bedded in I'm sure. Feel free to stop by anytime on the link below.

New Farnham website

Attachments

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Great work Nick!

I had a bit of a look round after reading the interclub report and unfortunately my OCD went into meltdown when I clicked on the scores listed for the couple of club nights.
ohmy.png

On the first night Alec seems to have been short 4 points in LMP - two wins, a second and a last place was scored as 8 instead of 12. It looks as though those extra four points would elevate him from third place on the night to the win!

Using the "rule of 10", it is quite easy to check for inaccuracies at the end of each class or night. Basically every race has 10 points available - 4,3,2,1 - and every class has the same amount of heats as there are racers. So, for example, 10 racers equals 100 points per class. This means that class totals and the overall total will always be divisible by 10. You don't need to add the entire scores, just the last digit to check. As long as you end up at 0, chances are it will be right.

For example ; the second night seems to be over by 1 point - not as important as Alec being robbed
tongue.png
- but by going through the class totals it shows that the offending class is underpants F1. Counting all the scores shows that there are 11 twos but only 9 ones.

Apart from that - marvellous!
thumbsup.gif

Reactions: driver#8

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
I'd probably better stop looking
unsure.png

There was still a discrepancy in the totals.

Hope I'm not putting you off your mammoth task of retrospective data uploading
ohmy.png

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
aaaahhh!

Tis surely a thing of immense beauty!

I suddenly feel so calm and relaxed.
innocent.gif

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Regarding the Bolwextric endurance it is actually £10 per head. Wouldn't make much for charity at £10 per car.

Details added to the Bolwextric page.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts