SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
slot.it, I understand that the controller has a ghost mode, and I have already invested in 3 controllers. However I am sure that I am not alone when I say that it would be nice to have support for ghost cars without the need of additional controllers.

As a race director for instance it would be interesting to set parameter to drive the same number additional ghost as there is controllers. in case for example, I should be able to drive 3 ghost without additional controllers or some limited number I guess.

Maybe through the use of a secondary dongle?

I hope I am not alone in my request. I enjoy the system so far, but again it would be nice to have the light kits and smaller chip (to chip other cars)(all mentioned in other threads) and ghosts cars.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I am also looking forward to the moment when we can place more cars on track without extra Controller SCP for £125 !
Digital racing , more cars on less space (with mutch more money)!

·
Vendor
2,986 Posts
With the latest oXigen RMS software, each car can be programmed to go around at a minimum speed, alone. However it still needs a controller! We'll look into the possibility of driving multiple ghost cars with one controller. Not sure how and when this can be done, but worth looking into.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
or as i mentioned an additional dongle dedicated just to drive cars. yes I the software can run cars - I love that about it !! but you still need a controller per each car.

·
Vendor
2,986 Posts
I can't gurantee 100% robustness under all conditions, but if you link multiple cars to one single controller, and either put the controller in ghost mode, or use the Crono Auto drive features, then you should be able to run multiple cars in ghost mode with one controller.

·
Vendor
2,986 Posts
Actually we've tried with 4 cars, and it works. Caveats:
1 - readout of values received from the car on Crono service window may be unreliable i.e. software version, presence of car on track, fuel can't be relied upon.
2 - if one of the ghost cars enters the pit lane and reduces its speed, then all other ghost cars driven by the same controller will get their speed reduced
as if they were in pit lane, too.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting, Can def be a solution in the meantime while the bugs are worked out.
Do all 4 cars register different times ?

it would be very interesting if the cars knew somehow now to switch into the pit lane (in the future of course)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts