SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put together the 1965 BRM P261 (chassis 2617) that Jackie Stewart raced exclusively in grands prix from the beginning of 1965, the final year of the 1.5 litre formula, and into the following year at the beginning of the 3-litre Formula.

He won the non-championship International Trophy at Silverstone and the Italian Grand Prix in 1965 and the 1966 Monaco Grand Prix before he wrote the car off at Spa in 1966.

The car is now somewhere between Southend and Montana on its journey to a proxy series in the US

David

· Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (superhornets @ 24 Sep 2011, 09:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi David
great job as usual ,but what happened to the rheims lotus 21 you were preparing for this event?
since you have broken cover on the montana GP I,ll see if I can get my entry posted on this thread as it is also BRM engined

Cheers tony

Tony I have had such little time this year for slot cars that I had to put the Reims Lotus 21 on ice for another time.

QUOTE (Diogenes @ 24 Sep 2011, 13:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>David,

Nice build as usual, is this a Classic or Dave Jones shell please?

Thanks

Dio

As most people know I am one of Dave Jones biggest fans, his bodyshells are unsurpassed but I decided to use one of Charlie Fitpatrick's "Classic" shells for this car. With Charlie's long contribution to the hobby I thought it would be nice to have one of his cars on the grid.

David

· Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ian

I used 15" wheels on my BRM which wasn't strictly accurate as they ran on 13", the inserts were turned down MRRC wheels which approximate the BRM wheel but again weren't strictly accurate - the overall impression was OK though.

Colin at RS Slotracing has the correct size front and rear 13" wheels and tyres for 1964/65 F1 cars and I think he does the inserts for BRM as well.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.