SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi,

My name is Niclas and my hobby is mainly digital electronics.

In this showroom I will list the products I offer.

The first product is the Scalextric Sports Digital Slot Car ID Programmer. The SSD Car programmer is designed after a suggestion from one of the forum members.

I intend to offer more products ahead, but developing new products takes time, and this is a spare time activity for me.

There is a thread in the forum describing how to make a very simple wifi lap timer. I might offer this as a product later on.

Details and prices can be seen in the web shop, http://foogadgets.tictail.com

Regards,

Niclas

·
Bob Chapman
6,918 Posts
Niclas those are some pretty cool gadgets on that site. Now I'm not much into electronics, but could you perhaps let me and maybe others in my situation know what applications these would be used for in the slot car hobby . Tracks, Cars, scenics etc.
Thanks for this interesting post
All the best
Bob

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chappy,

For this forum it is only the SSD Slot car ID programmer that is of most interest.

The typical scenario where it would be used is when there is an ongoing race, and the next upcoming racers start to prepare for the next race.

They can then use the Car ID programmer to assign Car IDs to their cars without using the racing track.

It can be operated manually with a button, or with a computer connected with a serial interface. A USB to serial adapter is also available on the page.

The other gadgets (WMS and WPC) I sell is for home automation appliances. Both are wireless multisensors that can have a multitude of sensors connected. Sensors can measure 0-5V voltages, pulses, temperatures (-45C - 1200C), humidity, CO2-level and more.

I am not sure what is used externally Europe, but at least here we use the 433MHz band as an open frequency that can be used for short range radio equipment like temperature sensors, door sensors etc.

The absolute coolest thing with the WMS/WPC is that it connects to a 1-wire network that can contain more than 30 sensors and a total of more than 100 meter cable.

In short, It makes a 1-wire device network wireless so that it can be received by transceivers like Tellstick DUO/NET/Zwave and RFXtrx433E.

I hope this made it more clear :)

·
Bob Chapman
6,918 Posts
Thanks Niclas I'm always looking for things that can be adapted for the hobby. The SSD is a good idea, although in this case I run analog.
But thanks for your explanation, some really cool stuff.
Bob

Reactions: niclasf
1 - 4 of 4 Posts