SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Viking Slot Car Club was launched in January 1997. We are based in Kent between Margate, Canterbury and Faversham and about 60 seconds from the M2 motorway at the Faversham/Canterbury exit.

We have a Scalextric Sport track. There are 6 lanes with a lane length of about 140 feet. Racing is computer controlled using race control software.

The classes raced are GT, Rally, Touring Car & Formula 1. Additionally we also run special races for Trucks, Minis, Caterhams, etc.
Our car preparation rules allow slight adjustments to box standard cars. These are specified on our website.

There are no membership costs, only a race night fee of £3.00 per driver.
Members of all ages make up our club, from 10 to 60 years old.
We meet every Monday at 7pm to 10pm and race 2 competition races (6 heats in each competition) with practive sessions befopre and after.
Championship points go towards winning trophies or other prizes throughout the year with a big prize presentation at Christmas.

We run monthly championships and each champiosnhip has an accompanying support race.

On holidays, such as Bank holidays, Easter, Christmas, etc, we have special Team Endurance races.

We also cater for children's parties and corporate entertainment.

We welcome anyone to come along and try the club out on a one-off basis or with a view to attend regularly.

Happy Racing,
Adrian Norman

·
Registered
665 Posts
QUOTE (honestjudge @ 18 May 2007, 10:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Adrian,
Have you been given a date for your round of the London GT yet?

London GT & Touring car round is July 22nd, I think you raced here last year so looking forward to seeing you again, let me know if you need any car prep tips

Zak

·
Registered
128 Posts
hi
went along monday evening
made to feel very welcome by great bunch of slotcar enthusiasts
give it a try..........recommended
thanks guys for a great entertaining evening

Smudger

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
No Prizes for guessing where the track came from... Adrian getting stuff from the Factory....

Sadly, all the clubs are too far away...

·
Administrator
10,133 Posts
Adrian, do I tell him about the start line? Noooo, he wouldn't spot it anyway!

Matt, its a blast of a track you really ought to make the trip

Zak - brilliant evening and my box fresh Ascari didn't make a fool of itself. Can't say the same for the driver, mind!

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
QUOTE (smudger @ 11 Jul 2007, 19:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi
went along monday evening
made to feel very welcome by great bunch of slotcar enthusiasts
give it a try..........recommended
thanks guys for a great entertaining evening

Smudger

SOME CONFLICT HERE OR ARE THERE TWO SMUDGERS?.

Zen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts