SlotForum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Anyone seen this before?

On sale at a German site for €37, along with Fly Corvette C5GT "Speedvision GT 2000 #97" for €40 which is a decent price for once.

I know the Toyota GT1s with these flash markings are fake liveries but they DO look good and this is the best so far for me.

In fact that isn't just a relivery now I look closer, it is a new mold too. Notice the open vents over the rear wheels? they for one were painted in on all previous models.

Does anyone know any more definate news? either about the car or ProSlot being active again?

I for one would LOVE to hear it.. Pendles? GS?

Oh god...I can feel a purchase coming on.

( If I am wrong and this is old news, let me know and I will move it to 'cars'.)

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
oh yes swiss new livery alright!

I have just bought a car.. now how to get this one through the door without Q's.. I know.. yes, I ordered a gear for that chassis I got, the car is for 3.9..

no no yes.. no really it's for 3.9!

Inte
p.s Grah, coming along nicely gots ideas abouts wheels

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
I have heard it said that bburago were buying the rights to use the Proslot name or molds - might this be the first one?

Scott

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Looks like someone has dremelled out a vent in the nose too.

But this is a fantasy livery, right?

Don't hold with roadcar or fantasy versions, nor pace cars or Police cars.

It's my hang up, I can deal with it. I'll just survive without any of the above thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Swiss,

The proslot GT1 is my favourite race car especially on Molesey's 165ft routed track and Viking's similar track.
I have about 10 of them
and MUST have this one. Please let us know the site or email it to me.....pretty please

Gjb52

·
Registered
222 Posts
Many thanks thomas,

Have been to the site but they do not accept credit card payments overseas so will have to send them a money order/Euros. But I am impatient and want it now

Thanks again, I will have to be patient

Gjb52

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got one right here on my table, the difference is not only in the livery but the car has been lightned for sure in the body, maybe in chassis too, but I have to tu wheight it.... EVO4 as standard.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mecoprop - you sure these are not fantasy liveries?
I can find no record of them racing and have always thought these colour schemes fantasy ones.
They DID do a few real ones but not these I am almost positive.

·
Registered
714 Posts
QUOTE you sure these are not fantasy liveries?
I can find no record of them racing and have always thought these colour schemes fantasy ones.

Aha! 'Fantasy liveries'.

Fantasies are dreams, meanderings of the imagination.
Before a race car livery has been created, it was first someone's fantasy.
After paint has hit metal, it is transformed into reality.
Even the names, Toyota, McLaren, Jaguar were once fantasies,
before somone beat metal into shape and and affixed his nameplate to the resultant car.
Before each act of creation, every single thing was fantasy and afterwards, it became reality.

So, are our little cars fantasies or reality?
Do they represent our dreams of driving a real car?
Or are they an actual reality of their own?

If we are dreamers,
(and what would the world be without our dreamers and fantasists?)
then it must be the first.
But I am a realist who likes to race my little cars,
for themselves and not for dreams.
My little cars are not fantasies.
I can pick them up, I can control them.
They ARE real.
And whatever someone has painted upon them,
well that was once someone's fantasy,
but here, nestling in my hand, it is now a reality of its own.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Sheesh.

Meco, open that window when you use that spray can!

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Mec, you got me confused with some other dude, I'm 100% Anglo-Saxon. Never been near Palestine.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
100% Anglo-Saxon?
Doesn't Anglo-Saxon mean a bit of one and some of the other?
Looks like a genuine crossbred mongrel to me!

Nice to keep this topic in view, as I hope someone will have news on the current situation with ProSlot. I have a few of their cars and, although some have their little characteristic problems, I like them very much.

Incidentally, I agree with Meco regarding so-called 'fantasy liveries'.
If you possess a car, model or otherwise, whatever is painted on it, is no longer a fantasy. It is real. The logic is impeccable. If it isn't real, then there is no such thing as reality!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh no!

Now don't YOU bl**dy start Tropi !

took me long enough to get round the last Escher like sermon.

Instead give us a word describing a livery that never existed on the race track!

Fantasy league football is or was popular awhile back in the papers etc..Does that mean they were real Teams?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Swiss,

I realise you have been very busy lately but have you got round to having a good look at the new Toyota yet ?
I have two on the way from Germany to me and was wondering if there are any differences from the originals ?
As mentioned, the vents over the rear wheels look to have been opened as does the nose - are there any other changes ?
Cheers mate,

Gjb52 - You don't stop playing'cos you get old. You get old 'cos you stop playing !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts