SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
Yes - probably one of his greatest drives (if not the greatest by him).
AND... for goodness sake stewards - don't ruin a fantastic result!

ABBO

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hi Lee, please remember NOT to put a result in the topic title as S/F members may not have seen the race yet!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
He's not the fastest over one lap, or the most talented passer, or the best in the rain, or...

But when he has had the opportunity, he's taken full advantage. That's to be admired.

That was some seriously impressive stuff. Has to be one of the most impressive charges from the rear in the history of the sport.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Nice one Button for taking out Hamilton

(both drivers at fault anyway)

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
QUOTE (ZAKSPEED @ 12 Jun 2011, 14:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Lee, please remember NOT to put a result in the topic title as S/F members may not have seen the race yet!!!!!!!!
Right you are...

I tried recording (PVR) on 2 channels and both timed out before the race restarted ...
So then had to record a later re-broadcast with it ending 2 hours after the scheduled end to get all the race.
Now I have to watch the last 2 hours!

Also, got 4 x 270 minutes of the 24 Hours of LeMans to watch... that should carry me over the next week or so... until the next F1 race!

Not telling us the race results would be appreciated!

Cheers!

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Race results are in the public domain.

They are on the news and all motoring sights. If you don't want to see who one the race hours and days after the ace then don't go online. People have the right to talk about it and express their feelings - and I'd say even in the title. Just looks at BBC (online) news story titles for example:

Button relishes career 'best' win
Button wins stunning Canadian Grand Prix
Button revels in victory

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
Gordon - it really doesn't matter about the result in this case. You will want to watch this race more than once as it is full of action and battles for places all throughout; at the front, in the middle and at the back. Even Schumi had a fantastic race and I am not his most ardent fan or even a fan.

All in all it was a stunning race.

·
Stuart Wood
352 Posts
Yep, a very entertaining hour or so once it got (re)started. Good to see a different winner but Vettle was very unlucky - he did everything right (again) apart from the last lap mistake. Having said that, Button did a great job in taking full advantage of all the safety cars & other drivers pitting to try & get on the right tyres.
Schumacher had a good race I thought & really deserved to be able to hold off Webber & Button for a few laps more - I thought it was just a bit too easy for them to slip past. Another case of DRS needing some adjustment - I think we can do without the two activation zones next year, and the one on the first straight needs to be shorter.

Cheers

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Doug @ 14 Jun 2011, 08:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Race results are in the public domain.

They are on the news and all motoring sights. If you don't want to see who one the race hours and days after the ace then don't go online. People have the right to talk about it and express their feelings - and I'd say even in the title. Just looks at BBC (online) news story titles for example:

Button relishes career 'best' win
Button wins stunning Canadian Grand Prix
Button revels in victory

Thanks Doug

i can understand it frustrating keeping the result a secret. when i sky plus it i can be sure when i turn on the radio the news is just broadcasting the results. but it was such a good race i had to share my opinion with somone my wife and daughter hate F1 . But next time i will post Spainish Grand Prix as a title.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Amazing race - when he is on form/has a good car/whatever it is - Button is a great driver. Can't remember him driving like that since the first half of the year he won the championship.

Whilst it isn't forum rules - I agree with those who think it is good etiquette not to mention spoilers in sport thread titles.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Good to see Vettel is human, great to see Schumacher driving as well as he used to. Would like to see a more solid challenge to Vettel's pace though, so the championship isn't a total whitewash.

G

·
QUOTE (injectorman @ 14 Jun 2011, 04:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice one Button for taking out Hamilton

A man after my own heart although i thought that the crash and bash kid was more at fault. Just how many cars are you allowed to crash into before you get a serious penalty?????????

I agree with Doug, results are in the public domain and unless you are an Ostrich, you are going to hear the results somewhere.
Perhaps not posting straight after the race would be a good idea though.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I wonder if any of this will affect confidence and stature, I mean will Vettal lose confidence while Button gains it, and will people start giving Button more room now?
I can't see how Button can not gain a lot more confidence from this display

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (fw14b @ 14 Jun 2011, 22:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps not posting straight after the race would be a good idea though.

your post was on about 15 mins before mine. this thread was a reply to your brilliant button tread
untill it got removed

·
David K Phillipson
1,430 Posts
fw14b
your topic was removed because of the unacceptable content
your opinion of people is only valid to yourself, your coarse language was not for some of our younger(and some of our older) members
if you cant post politely then dont post at all

G

·
The words used are hardly offensive and are common every day language for a large percentage of the population.
What i said about Hamilton is correct. If he continues driving like that then he will cause a serious accident.
Where in the Slot Forum rules does it state that posts have to be "nice" about someone or something?
It's ok to run down a slot related product but not someone who in the last 2 races has driven like an idiot???

1 - 20 of 48 Posts