4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone else is going

Details on www.abslotsport.com

John

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
I know 8 wellingborough club members are going - I haven't competed in the TSRF race yet but I know they are doing them tommorrow night and as I'm home alone I might pop down there if I can get a lift. However another slot event over the w/e won't go down well with my wife.

The club members who race TSRF all have a great time with good close racing that is fast enough to satidfy their BSCRA leanings.

Matt

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I, and hopefully some others, would really appreciate it if those who do go could please give us a good run down on how the (1/32) TSRF cars are set up and raced.
I love the TSRF concept, but the 'pin' guide is proving problematic on tight plastic track and I am now collecting info on ways to improve things.
Thanks in advance and have a great time!

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have supported the idea of TSRF and its concept of combining scale appearance with performance since it was first suggested.

There is an article about setup on the TSRF site.

I used to have a problem with the pin guide but shortening the braids seems to have helped.

I know Phillipe is working on an alternative guide pin.

John

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Thanks for the link, Beejay - Chris does some good stuff and I might well try that method.

VFR - yes Philippe appears to be in the throes of providing a modified round, tapered pin and it will be interesting to see how this performs when it arrives - in a month or so I think. I had been hoping to run mine on SCX plastic on Sunday past, as I really want to get my guys into a TSRF class. Unfortunately, without magnet and using the stock tyres, it was pretty tail happy on bends, rather unforgiving and anything violent always ended up with that tiny blade jamming in the slot, even on broader radius curves. I suspect that the braids might have shorted the rails anyway if that had not happened, but your tip to shorten them is probably a cure for that.

I really will try out the new pin when it's available, though can't help but feel that an orthodox swivelling guide is the real answer.
I look forward to any feedback from the event.

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Tropi re the Guide flag.

Mr. P's replacement Scalex guide seems to work very well on Sport track, much better in fact than the Slot.it Guide. It seems to have a better profile.

I am going to use this type when modifying my TSRF chassis.

Regards

Alan

PS These guides are available from TSRF's UK Distributor ABSlotsports.

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
I had a great time yesterday, I'm really enjoying this series.

The atmosphere is laid back with people helping each other with set ups etc.

The racing was close as entrants were grouped together according to qualifying times.

I even won a couple of prizes for concours, well I'm not going to win any for my racing. Unfortunately, I destroyed my body for the softbody class when it got caught in the gears

There'll be a report onwww.abslotsport.com soon

John

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Just got a base chassis from Andy Brown so I'll have a play around this weekend trying out ideas to fit a standard Guide.

Regards

Alan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts