SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive had the garage cleared out for a while now and I had some old scaffold that I have stuck up in one corner for a track. I do
plan on doing a permanent table at a later date and as funds and the wife allow. After a few different plans and the elimination of a couple of pieces
of stubborn track which of course were on the elevated part of the track this is what I have. So I thought I would share it

so any ideas or suggestions welcome

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Hi rawhidejohnson

This looks really interesting mate, love the scaffolding idea, and you have a nice layout. I think it looks like a rally set up more than F1 so I would concentrate on that theme, and as soon as you do all sorts of possiblities come into mind, you have a nice corner there that would suite a backdrop picture, I would maybe paint the scaffold poles you can see, and if you go into carrera4fun website you can download,print out and make up some rally tents so you dont need a pit lane. Or in other words its great the way it is, just keep playing and adding to it, theres loads you can do with very little money.

Best wishes

Athrlyth

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ss67 The minis certainly are a lot of fun on the track they get some great sideways action thats for sure

athrlyth i agree with the rally aspect the f1 cars seem to spend more time hitting the garage floor that racing on the track they may also have someone to do with
my bad driving, The rally cars and the touring cars are better suited. ill check out the website too thanks for that i like the rally tent idea.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well ive extended the track a little more I still want to add another section but i need to get a few more corners
first, its is fun to drive and i think im getting close to what will become my permanent layout

·
Greg Gaub
15,345 Posts
You've got a lot of short straights but no really long one. Also, it looks like you've got mostly R2 and a few R1. See if you can work in some R3 and/or R4.
I've got nothing against a technical track, but it's always nice to really let the legs out, if you can work in a nice, long straight somewhere.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After going through the thred i think its called savage valley raceway
lastnight and seeing his huge back stright i was thinking along the same
lines that i need a long stright. Ive only got r1s and 2s any r3s and r4s
will have to wait till pay day if theres anything left (wifes bday
this month) i need to give the track a clean so it may come down for
a redesign today. My problem is i think im happy with it till
i see all the amazing tracks on here

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,289 Posts
I too am loving the scaffolding - pretty original!

Up at ping pong net corner, I'd ditch the crossover and look for a bit of scrap hardboard, floor tile, cardboard or similar to make an outer kerb to the same level as the track. Make it as wide and flat as you possibly ca, then watch the arse out drifting fun that'll give you!

How are you getting on with the gears on that powerslot polo? Mine had the white gears and they ate themselves within about 2 laps of running. One of the lads at our club swapped out mine for some Ninco spare gears he had in his bitza box and now it's a great (if noisy) little car.

Have lots of fun with the track, cheers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats a good idea regarding the cross over plus i happen to have some laminate flooring thats the same depth as the
track. The flooring is also the reason the track needs cleaning as i had to cut it in the garage because of the darn rain

I am thinking of a redesign at the minute to get a long straight but will be keeping that corner so if i get chance i might get to the boarding
this weekend. The scaffolding will be going when i get the cash to build a proper table but it does the job for now

The polos need some work the bodies still don't fit right on mine and the gears are like you say shocking but they look good
and were only £10 each so ill get to them at some point

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Agreed, you get neither speed nor skill at that point but do get a high probability of missing a reading as the car passes the S/F line.

Cheers!
PS the latter two diagrams remind me of the AC2Car layout of Jame's White Lake F1 circuit

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys ill have a look straightening that out i had it like that so the power base
wasn't on the edge of the table but i dont think its that much of an issue.
I take a look at that link sealevel thanks
and thanks all for the input hopefully ill get to it at some point today

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so i managed to get out to the man cave today and got the track hoovered off, taken down and back up again
even with the kids bugging me every 5 mins to have a go,

i didn't straighten the part out were the controllers are yet but pretty sure i will do. the only issues i have so far are
seeing the track at the rear because of the long straight. but when i build the proper table that should be resolved
as i plan the table to be lower down. Ive got a bit of a power issue on one section but a bit of cleaning and such
should solve that. im glad i put the straight in but more than a ping pong net may me needed at Snurfen's christened
ping pong net corner as the kids managed to put the minis off there at high speed and ill be honest so did i

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Looks great!
Are you using the stock Scalextric pylons to support the elevated section or did you do something else?

Keep up the good work!
Cheers!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.