Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
project Mini Sprint ... in the works for the ProNoMag

minisprint04.jpg

minisprint01.jpg

minisprint02.jpg

minisprint03.jpg

something went wrong on the wheelbase of the scratchbuilt chassis for the Mini Sprint.
so - correction works ...
and new ball bearings -finally found some with ABEC5 classisfication for 2mm axles, but sadly no flange.
nothing that can´t be dealt with ...
made a groove in the axle and one in the crown gear, a piece of copper wire will be added later, to secure the crown gear from slipping on the axle

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will do that, but from my previous experiences, the crown will slip again.

groove in crown and axle, piece of copper wire and secure with loctite - i know a little bit of overkill, but the crown will not slip for sure.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
On my bench there are many bodyshells, bits of brass and some motors and wheels, all waiting to be built! Soon I hope to start making some cars!

Vehicle Car Wheel Tire Hood

Car Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle Tire

Wheel Tire Bus Land vehicle Vehicle

I have been happy with the way my home made guides have been working:

Automotive tire Circuit component Passive circuit component Tire Wheel

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Sports equipment

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wood
Thats it for now, more soon.

Regards, Lloyd

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Interesting time for me that this post popped up. I'm making my first brass chassis.

I found an old '36 Ford coupe AMT kit and decided it needed a brass chassis.

Wheel Motor vehicle Wood Automotive design Toy

I'm using the same 2mm drivetrain bits as my other cars.

Motor vehicle Toy Wheel Wood Auto part

The front wheels are independent, with each axle spinning on a pair of bearings.

Circuit component Wood Electronic component Electrical wiring Auto part

My plan is to make Silicon molds of the model kit so I can produce resin bodies.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Toy

Not going to win any beauty contests, but I've learned a fair bit in doing this one.

I need to source some steel wire to reinforce a few things.

I still need to figure out the guide flag mounting.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
4WD looks interesting Peter, but it may be a good idea to use non grip front tyres on the front as it needs to slide.

Regards, Lloyd.
i was wondering how the 4WD will behave on the track - especially in tight corners and in wide corners ...

wide corners - it likes to slide, so just apply a little more power than necessary and you´re good :)

tight corners - the 4WD offers good braking, even with the long gearing. by now i would not see the need to reduce grip on the front axle. but a different track always offers different driving conditions ... looking forward how it will do on the Little Monte

·
Registered
280 Posts
Great projects guys.

I started to rebuild a Motorific Ford Thunderbird.

I didn't like the original color so I painted it few years ago when I converted it, but something went wrong with the paint and it had terrible orange peel surface.

Finally thought to fix it so I removed all the chrome trim parts and glasses which were glued to the body.

Body cracked from few places in progress so I made it stronger with superglue and baking powder from inside and fixed the body with putty from outside.

Pi5ZMT.jpg

Repainted the body wit a spray can that I found from my shelf but dropped the body after painting so I guess I'll let it dry now for while and fix it one more time...

0bnr5r.jpg

·
Registered
322 Posts
For small and single parts I take the reusable material called "OYOMARU " or "Blue Stuff". It is really very useful.

And small glass parts I don't have patterns for I make from toothbrush handles. In the dollar stores her you can find simpe toothbrushes with clear, yellow and red translucent handles. Ideal to carve any headlights or rear lights from them.

Roland

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ferrari California pullback car that I picked from ProNoMag 2019 pricelist.

After I dissembled the car I started to think that maybe the pullback chassis could be converted to slot car chassis.

aHMuae.jpg

Original five spoke wheels just wouldn't come off from the axles so I thought maybe some wheels from China might work

uGSfQr.jpg

Brass tube as bearing, Peter's printed braid guide, Carrera GO motor with China gears and all glued to together and it runs.

AbB53N.jpg

I cut the black windows partly open and made new clear windscreen and glued it on and also the lights to the body.

ijKxZ6.jpg

Cheers

Aki

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I am, slowly, building my first front motored chassis:

Wood Gas Metal Auto part Engineering

Cutting mat Rectangle Azure Material property Electric blue

Rectangle Circuit component Cable Electronic device Font

Wood Cutting mat Motor vehicle Engineering Auto part

Regards, Lloyd

Attachments

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sidewinder_mini01.jpg

sidewinder_mini02.jpg

sidewinder_mini03.jpg

Did some work on the BARC motored sidewinder driven Mini.

the gearing is working very nice, crisp accelaration, nice brakes. top speed, well, could be a little better.
BUT it will be great, great fun, if you run 2 of these side by side! just like well prepared SCX compact cars.
now to do some inlay, driver figure and a add lights, as the body is clear ....

1 - 20 of 418 Posts