SlotForum banner
381 - 400 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks guys!

Rear wing is made from SCX F1 rear wing.

I cut the inside part off with sharp hobby knife and glued it back on other way around and then rounded the sides little.

Still not sure how to mount the body to the chassis.

Body is painted, decals added and clear coated as well is another body finally which have been on hold for months.

Hopefully tomorrow I get both cars done but we shall see..

Cheers

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·
werkbank282.jpg

werkbank283.jpg

werkbank284.jpg

werkbank285.jpg

werkbank286.jpg

Fiat chassis is waiting to get under the body for a longer time already .... will get ball bearings and a motor from slotcarsdirect, like the latest Minis.

been working on a diecast body car for some time now. chassis is revision 4 with screwed motor cover. hotglue did not hold, as the motor got a temperature of 55°C after a hundred laps on the Desmo.
Also some reinforcement work on the front.
runs fine now.
there will be a diecast proxy in October, minimum weight 70g, only carrera motor, will post rules later.
Clio lapped 10.2 seconds on the Desmo, but without interior.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #386 ·
Interesting stuff, what are you using for wheels/tires on the diecast conversion?
i´m using printed wheels from shapeways 10x8, tires are BARC, but Ortmann should work, too.

Peter, can you give me a link to where the rules are for the diecast proxy please?

Thanks, Lloyd.
I´m working on the translation, Lloyd!

here´s the link in the meantime:

https://www.carrera-go.info/forum/index.php?thread/22628-proxy-rennen-der-metallkarosserien/

·
Registered
280 Posts
Clio looks great Peter!

I started losing weight...

Had this 1947 Cadillac convertible for long time, never started working with it because the body is big block of resin

s479MJ.jpg

Adding to that 45g body lot of die-cast detail parts...

SY6VeS.jpg

and you have car that weights over 90g , without chassis and interior.

Removed resin as much as I could and got the body around 20g, big body so that's pretty good.

S331rc.jpg

Then I made plastic bumpers using the originals ones as template

9YuIrs.jpg

Grind lot of metal off from the grill ans got the detail parts to 10g..

ehKpfI.jpg

So 2/3 of the weight lost, 30g body is ok for a show car like this

·
Registered
280 Posts
Cheers guys!

Carrera F1 chassis that I had got perfect wheelbase so I decided to use that on a Caddy

Added a piece of plastic to make the chassis little bit more stiff and more fitting .

zB4JGd.jpg

4nHyai.jpg

Maybe I'll change the rear axle to 2.38 too and add ball bearings, not sure.

SCX Porsche wheels, got some wheel inserts for those.

F1 wheels were too wide, otherwise those would have got good profile for old white wall tires.

First attempt painting with copper spray paint, how many times have I said to myself to stay away from cheap spray cans
mad.gif

N721f7.jpg

So back to sanding and back to paint booth

29E23p.jpg

·
Registered
280 Posts
Wanted to try out the copper paint with different primer but wasn't sure that will it work with that either.

Tried the paints to this loose SCX Porsche, cut the windows open in case the paint is a success.

j7Cayl.jpg

lYSja6.jpg

Looked pretty good so went ahead painting the Caddy.

XvpJge.jpg

Gonna make something out of that Porsche too.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
werkbank288.jpg

working on a 2nd car for the Diecast Proxy Race Series ...
As the Clio strongly tends to barrel roll in fast corners, i wanted to try a lower car ...
the Lambe has the same track width front and rear, so it´s quite easy to use all the parts from the Clio like spacers.
and the printer did the chassis in less than an hour LOL - i am getting lazy ....

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
A few years ago, in my local supermarket car park, I saw a delightful little FIAT 500 that had been made to look a little like a baby Porsche Speedster, complete with silver paint. This afternoon I decided I needed to do one!

Here's the first stage:

Car Cutting mat Wheel Vehicle Hood

Wheel Car Vehicle Cutting mat Tire

Regards, Lloyd

Attachments

381 - 400 of 418 Posts