Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a random survey, please vote if you read this.

No replies, just home or club.

Qualifications:

Club Racer = Go to one particular club at least 10 times a year.

Home Racer = Do not go club racing more than 10 times a year.

Simple as that.

Thanks for your time.

Lotus

(Sorry if the subject insulted you, I thought it was funny).

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
32 views and 9 votes?

What the hell?

You must be one of the two! How come you didn't vote?

You must be so lazy, 'cos no one has that little self confidence to vote annonymously...

Lotus

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
I go to a club and most nights should really have stayed at home...

Mooster

·
Registered
290 Posts
QUOTE (lotus03 @ 9 Jul 2004, 00:37)32 views and 9 votes?

What the hell?

You must be one of the two! How come you didn't vote?

You must be so lazy, 'cos no one has that little self confidence to vote annonymously...

Lotus
only members can vote !!

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Club racers do it once a week! Well this one does.

No home track, can't count the two dragster turns separated by a straight, a half straight and a quarter straight that sits on top of one of my cabinets. Ooh, nearly forgot, there are two of those rare quarter inner pieces in the mix too, gives it just a little more length that prevents it from being too damn small! Not.

Actually, I'm in the process of buying up some spare Carrera track to go with the set I won at Goodwood (did I mention that before
I won a set at Goodwood!
) so I can have a BBQ with a track layout shortly.

Oh, er, sounds like I'm going to marinate the stuff. Fear not, Thomas, I'll just be burning the chicken wings.

No, I'm a convert to the flat stuff. Shame about those damn white lines. When we finally find a place to move to I'll be seriously torn between setting up a home track with either the standard Scaley stuff I've got aplenty or this German stuff. Kinda like the big banked stuff after poo-pooing if for years.

Okay, that's enough rambling.

Nearly.

Final point. We have, supposedly, over 850 members. I know some of you are shy and retiring but why not take a moment to click that button? It surprises me how few actually seem to pipe up. You've registered your support by registering, now, here's a chance to play a part.

Be brave, tip your toes in the sea of contribution.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well, I was part of the minority that voted home racer. not much more to add to that really... apart from the fact I must be even lower in the food chain than a mouse as my track isn't even a permanant setup...

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
is the next step to convert the non believers to become members of clubs or do we let them carry on, on their own.
we need to advert "ALL" our clubs
as there may be sloties out there on the forum that are lost and don't know where to race in a club environment

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of slot car racing: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all cars are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of the Phoenix Raceway the sons of former owners and the sons of racers will be able to sit down together at the table of modifications.

I have a dream that one day even the county of Lancashire, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice by Pendle Slot Racing.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by whether they like MotoGP or not but by the content of their spares box.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Birmingham, with its vicious retailers, with its people having their lips dripping with the words of overpricing and unavailable stock; one day right there in George Street, little Simon and Peter from Get Slotted will be able to join the hands of all the little slot racers in value for money and high quality products as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every circuit shall be compatible, every connection and bent terminal shall be made low, the rough places will be made smooth, and the banked curves will stay upright and the Glory of Fly Racers shall be revealed
and all shall see how good racing series are from all manufacturers

This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to work with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of slot car racing. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to ebay together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

Aaron (Martin Luther King)

·
Jim Moyes
4,997 Posts
No!!

Surely it was Abba!

Mr.M

·
Registered
351 Posts
So poignant it had me and DR STICKY (my dad) in tears…

Of laughter

And mum wondering
'WHY' we take this sport/hobby so seriously

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
Hands up ! I cocked my vote up. I voted before reading the question. I voted for being primarily a home racer, but I do attend a club once a month and occasionally another one in between. I thought club racer would mean every week and taking it seriously.

Sorry

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
D'oh!

Thankfully my abusive nature has served me well as we now have 46 votes with the majority in the favour of club racing.

In typical 'sod's law' style I expect the voting will sway after I have said this, but the main aim of the post was to conclusivly disprove Moped's statement that the majority of SF members are home racers.

Argue with that.

Lotus

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hey, we can reply now. Fancy that. I put myself down as a home racer. Although 'racer' may not be the correct term. Perhaps 'putter' would be more accurate. My cars just putt putt around. Sort of like me when I drive my 1:1 car, I just putt along in the geezer mobile doing the speed limit in the slow lane.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts