SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing all the comments recently on the site i would like a little!! advice being an ex racer from the last century and having bought some Carrera track ( enough to build a circuit similar to Brands Hatch Indy ) which i run through a battery charger and Parma 15 ohm controllers to run my old metal chassis cars on, i have now decided to go modern?, i have raided the piggy bank and found £60 the wife missed so i thought a night out with the missus or a brand new shiny slot car, you know what won.
I have selected the following which i like so which one gentleman will suit my circuit and possibly go on a club circuit which has the same track, Avant Gulf Mirage, Avant Porsche Spyder, Sideways Dallara, Scaleauto Radical, Slot it Ford GT40, or if i can stretch and the wife's not looking a N.S.R Porsche 917 which is the dearest by quite a bit but is it the best on price alone awaiting replies with interest Keith.

· Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Savage i had hoped that something out of the box would do but i get a feeling my £60 is about to be stretched, i note there are faster motors which fit straight in and i expect alloy wheels and better tyres may be needed especially if i go club racing again all suggestions are helpful, it is now looking N.S.R prices at least, i might be able to find a few white fivers in the vault cheers Keith.

· Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Zen i am afraird the only brownie points i get from the boss is longevity being married for 47 years, in the box there are a couple of Carrera controllers are these any good or do i need something like Parma in the 25-45 ohm range thinking of club racing later, Savage thanks mate the club i was thinking of visiting does not use magnets does that change your opinion, and driver 8 i can drift my old cars on the Carrera track what's the position with magnets i have found with the 15ohm rapid coming off at the corners, i am guessing the Slot it looks to be the way to go as starters by the comments received, i don't want the missues to get ideas above her station ( good job she's out) a pie and a pint!! and here's me thinking of a bag of chips and investing the rest in some tyres always open to all suggestions ( re slot cars) Ta Keith.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.