SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Tel
4,394 Posts
Do you plan on upgrading the cars, and if so to what extent ?

· Tel
4,394 Posts
Well the Carrera track throws me a litlle because I don't know what tyres work best on that and how much a "magnetic leak" motor would have an effect.
If you plan to club race, I would imagine the 917 and GT40 would be a different class to the rest.

I dont have a NSR 917, to compare, I do have a Slot.It GT40 and I can tell you out of the box its a great runner. For club racing it would depend on your motor rules etc as to if the motors in either would need to upgraded. Both of those come with tyres that should be pretty decent, but I suspect you will have a preffered tyre for the track, the club members should be able to advise on that.

Outright pace, the Scaleauto radical is a class act with upgrades .... but we are talking quite a lot. My Radical has set me back over £100 in race trim including the car ! but it and the identical spec one I built for another club member are leading our Open GT/ LMP championship by some way.

To keep prices grounded, find out what classes and rules you have, If there is something suitable for the GT40, then I would say that would give you the most bang for buck IMO.

· Tel
4,394 Posts
Even without magnets you will get some effect due to some motors. I understand carrera is less magnetic than the likes of scalextric, but there will be a certain amount.
Of the cars you listed the avant slots will have the biggest motor magnet effect.

I don't know how they are on Carrera, but I have never been impressed with their wood track performance in comparison to others.

The GT40 is a good bet. From the slot it website it has the same tyres as the chaparral, which are "C1" compound, they should hook up pretty well, plenty good enough for home use
. like I say the guys at the club should be able to advise on the best tyre for the club track.

If you get serious with club racing, a decent electronic controller is a wise outlay, for now just play with what you have and see how it goes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.