SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
In the 1:1 world silver, or never ending variations of it, are the big sellers these days. Causes quite a problem as it means in three to five years used car forecourts will be stuffed with silver cars all offering much of a much ness, so values drop overall.

There are real national differences too, mostly due to weather I think. We Brits go for bright colours more than most. Must be to cheer the place up a bit.

Swiss might back me up, but I visit Geneva once a year and am always struck by the monochrome nature of cars there. Black to silver and everything in-between, but few strong blue, red, or green.

For slot cars, I tend to avoid black cars because I think they are harder to see on plexy track. In a similar way, cars with clear, bright noses are easier to drive. But then I'm getting old.

Scott

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
QUOTE Maybe Ill do a British racing green Scaly L88 Vette, what do ya think?

I dunno, the Corvette is about as much of a Stars & Stripes car as I can think off. Maybe BRG by way of Las Vegas and San Francisco circa 1969.

Funnily enough, perched atop the screen is a 1/43 diecast of the Bob Tullius Group 44 XJR-5 from 1984 and interestingly even he used a white livery with just green stripes, and only one of those is true BRG.

Right next to the Jag on Spark Models web site (Spark Models) is this.

See what I mean? A Stars & Stripes car.

Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts