SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all, I'm new to the group and very new to Digital slot car racing. I think I have a simple question but I can't seem to find a straight answer to. I want to run 6 cars and use a pit box on a digital system. Is this what I need?

1 Digital pit control unit with expansion module
1 standard digital control unit as a slave
6 hand controllers
Digital cars and track

Will this setup allow me to run 6 cars? Also do I attach the slave control unit to the track? The video I watched on youtube did not have the slave control unit attached to the track.

Thanks for any help and sorry that this is such a noob question.

·
Greg Gaub
15,386 Posts
I believe there's a special cable to connect the master to the slave.
Also, get all 3 power supplies. I assume the pit can take two, and the standard can take one. Whatever the case, get the most possible power to the track.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Howdy.

Yes, you have it mostly correct. The parts list is what you will need. You will also want the expansion module for the PitBox so you can see the fuel levels for cars 4-6. If you also want a lap counter or the Chrono you will also need to buy the unit plus the expansion module as all extras come standard for a base 3 car set. But all have the add-on modules available as well.

Here's how you set it up:

Connect the PitBox to it's included start track and configure the PitBox area as shown. Power Supplies will connect ONLY to the PitBox unit.

You will now connect the secondary control unit to the PitBox using either the standard SCX cable or the after-market one I make. DO NOT try and use a standard Cat-5 network cable as you will damage your control units. Also DO NOT connect the secondary control unit to it's start track section (section has the red track connector). This will also cause damage. Just connect the secondary controller into a standard straight section so it doesn't flop around.

All programming of cars will be done through the PitBox unit. The secondary controller becomes nothing more than a dumb terminal at this point.

Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. Better safe than sorry.

My buddy Flip is incorrect. DO NOT connect a power supply to the secondary controller if you are using it as a secondary controller. If you are going to run more than 4 cars you will need 3 power supplies. They will all connect to the main PitBox unit. Once again, do not connect power supplies to the secondary controller and do not connect the secondary controller to the track using it's red connector track piece.

·
Greg Gaub
15,386 Posts
Thanks, Monty! I sure wouldn't want him blowing a control unit.

It's also cool that you make a cable for control unit connection. Is there a resource somewhere that others can use to make cables?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes. Here's the pin-out for the SCX cable.

The SCX standard cable is 5ft. in length. I make 8ft - 20ft shielded cables. Mine are better than theirs but theirs should do. You can also find 12-15' cables on eBay. They aren't shielded and I don't recommend going that route. There's a reason we shield.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Howdy.Yes, you have it mostly correct. The parts list is what you will need. You will also want the expansion module for the PitBox so you can see the fuel levels for cars 4-6. If you also want a lap counter or the Chrono you will also need to buy the unit plus the expansion module as all extras come standard for a base 3 car set. But all have the add-on modules available as well.Here's how you set it up:Connect the PitBox to it's included start track and configure the PitBox area as shown. Power Supplies will connect ONLY to the PitBox unit.You will now connect the secondary control unit to the PitBox using either the standard SCX cable or the after-market one I make. DO NOT try and use a standard Cat-5 network cable as you will damage your control units. Also DO NOT connect the secondary control unit to it's start track section (section has the red track connector). This will also cause damage. Just connect the secondary controller into a standard straight section so it doesn't flop around.All programming of cars will be done through the PitBox unit. The secondary controller becomes nothing more than a dumb terminal at this point.Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. Better safe than sorry._________________________________________________My buddy Flip is incorrect. DO NOT connect a power supply to the secondary controller if you are using it as a secondary controller. If you are going to run more than 4 cars you will need 3 power supplies. They will all connect to the main PitBox unit. Once again, do not connect power supplies to the secondary controller and do not connect the secondary controller to the track using it's red connector track piece.
A question if you can help me, can I use a second pit stop module to do expansion? this because I have two pit stop circuit sets

1 - 8 of 8 Posts