SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of putting some kind of rubber or something around the end of a raised table. I have young kids who have a habbit of pushing the throttle all the way in. Cars go flying. I'm scared that on a raised bench the cars will be reduced to spare parts smashed on the floor.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I use a pingpong net on the edge of a flat table. Also, for rug racing I use a cheap foam gym mat which goes underneath the track for noise reduction on a hard floor and is curled up against the cupboard or wall at the end of a long straight.

Cheers
Chris

·
Circuit Owner
5,891 Posts
As well as some form of catch fencing - why not turn down the power for your kids? If analogue then a variable power transformer will slow them down.

If you are running digital then you can probably reduce the power to each car on the powerbase or software (you can in SSD).

I turn down the power with kids on my track - I give them enough to come off at the two hairpins on full throttle but stay on pretty much everywhere else at full blast.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
If they are DPR chipped cars then it might be the chips not the kids that are driving the cars off the track. Look at insulating the rails at the crossover points on any straight lane changers - see this link

·
Registered
55 Posts
I finally got the kids to have a run tonight on the ping pong table so I reduced the kids power to 70% and they did alright 14, 8 and 6, but I was still worried and the only thing I could find was old clothes around the edges went well but looks crappy but the kids didn't seem to care.

Brett

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
2in high hardboard on the bends and pillows on the wall where the cars will hit, after a flat out straight where the kids cant or dont want to lift in time. john

1 - 6 of 6 Posts