SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Gaugemaster Controls have just acquired the distributorship of Spirit and Bumslot, and both ranges are in stock and available now so contact your local dealer. These include the first two of the new Reynard range.

However, the point of this thread is simple - what information or services can Gaugemaster do for you, whether you are a club official, dealer , collector, racer....whatever. having been convinced to take part in this forum then I am more than happy to help with enquiries or questions concerning any slot cars that we distribute, and so don't be afraid to ask! The dealers do an excellent job, and I want you to buy your product from them but if there is anything I can do to help you then by all means contact me.

Regards,
Aaron Foord
Webmaster & Trade Distribution
Gaugemaster Controls

[email protected]

·
Registered
714 Posts
I feel that Fly are falling between the two stools of collectors and racers, whose requirements are, in some areas, considerably different. Listening to and acting on the often voiced criticisms of racers could alter this situation to Fly's advantage without detracting from their desirability among collectors.

Attention is needed from quality control with particular regard to tyres rubbing on bodies and wobbly wheels on front stub axles. Attention has often been drawn to gear stripping problems and this should also be addressed. There is a perception among buyers that Fly does not listen to their comments and this is also in urgent need of attention.

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
We want information! And pictures. Early pictures. And cheaper cars. With faster engines and brass thingies we don't really understand. Plus fully stocked spares available by return of post. And really cute scale models of pit girls in bikinis.

Okay, we'll settle for the information and pictures when you have then.

Thanks,
Scott

p.s. See what you can do on the pit girls.

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Totally agree with Mecro about Fly quality control and would also suggest clear coat to protect those lovely paint jobs. Agree with Inte about prices. Any chance of spare bodyshells? And pit girls. I agree with everyone about the pit girls!

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Scott, Scott. You so nearly had it all right. I mean, brass thingies sure, we need 'em don't we. Don't we?

But faster motors?

No.

I say, no. For pity's sake, slow 'em down.

All that I would ask for is some of these, pretty please?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I`d like to work with you to promote and organise a racing event at the best Scalextric club in the world. A major competition organised by me and you where Fly cars only are raced over a weekend . I`ll do the dog work and you raise some trophies and prizes and we`ll have an awesome turnout and prove that Fly cars can race and not just sit on the shelves! An event that people will talk about for years!! E mail me if you are interested.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
actually, I can get most of my flys below 9 seconds on our track with mags, so come on them jonny I'm interested but no clashes with porker challenge

Rob.

·
Registered
752 Posts
QUOTE A major competition organised by me and you where Fly cars only are raced over a weekend .

Count me in! On a 'build it, and they will come..." basis

-Rob

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
QUOTE brass thingies sure, we need 'em don't we. Don't we?

I dunno, Wankel. It could be an age thing and we just haven't got there yet. I mean, I still have my hearing, my eyesight and a sense of irony, but they are all doomed. Apparently.

Scott

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
You don`t want the Pit Girls from Fly
They`ll be £30 a leg,£22 an arm etc. Did you see the last lot of figures they tried
made us all at SRA very,very happy

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
You had sex with a model girl!?!

Are then, the many applauding smiley faces an indication that they gave you the clap?

Scott

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Oh now there is a deep pit of glorious stories of high adventure whilst serving Queen and country . Another occasion I think. You are on form tonite,but I was refering to the high price of Fly`s efforts and a nice swing towards SRA.

when we meet I will tell you the story of me and model girl at Brands Hatch duringh the making of the T.V. trailer for "Short Circuits" but not here though otherwise Nuro will be the one sha*!i!! me for breaking the rules and he`d be dead right too
"Oooooh! Suit You sir!"

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Aaron, nice to see a distributor present here and a very brave move on your part.

Although the topic seems to have moved somewhat from your original request, this is a list of offerings I would like to see from Manufacturers:-

1) Set screw wheels so that they can easily changed.

2) Various tyre options available.

3) Set screw gear sets.

4) A range of interchangable motors.

5) Bodyshells available as individual items.

6) White or Primer bodyshells.

7) Standard size display cases. (Fly/Slot.It size).

8) Ablolish Limited editions.

9) Sponsorship of National one make racing series( to keep the Racer boys happy).

10) Keeping a link open between This Forum and yourselves.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
5) Bodyshells available as individual items.

quite a good idea if I may say so! although some etailers are willing to break cars for bodies.

6) White or Primer bodyshells.

Yup, will help me perfect my spray painting instead of on walls

7) Standard size display cases. (Fly/Slot.It size).

what a DAMN good idea, can I suggest fly boxes, but the plinth be a little deeper.

8) Ablolish Limited editions.

what a fandiddlyastic idea! no more "sport" that are limited to 10,000 most fly's are limited to an extent anyway, also mean we wont be paying silly money for 2 cars like £120 £60 each! I could buy 2 slot it cars for near enough that!

9) Sponsorship of National one make racing series( to keep the Racer boys happy).

Yeah, I would suggest the porsche challenge as most cars raced are fly racers as they are competitive once a quality rear axle has been fitted.

10) no offence to monarch lines but someone who will import slot it stuff because seans run out of 27 tooth brass boss crowns!

Rob.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
On late arrival to the discussion, let me say welcome to Aaron of Gaugemaster.

A few similar topics appear to have produced several similar discussions and a couple of comments caught my eye.
Above - Mecoprop,
QUOTE "There is a perception among buyers that Fly does not listen to their comments and this is also in urgent need of attention"
From another, similar, topic - Gary at MRE (Welcome Gary!)
QUOTE "personally found Aaron to be always helpful . . . Just be aware that it will make no difference to what Fly do"
There are several others, but these two in particular seem to sum up the very common and apparently well-founded perception of Fly as a non-listening and somewhat complacent company. Let's hope Fly will at least try to change that perception, for their own sake.

While Fly sell model cars as slot racing cars, but with common basic running faults, they must expect negative feedback from those buyers who race them. The introduction of the 'GB Track' range, in my opinion, achieved nothing but confusion for purchasers. Use of the word 'Track' to describe a range of cars from a company who do not manufacture track was very poor judgement. Was 'track' supposed to imply that this range was more 'trackworthy'? Who knows.

My constructive suggestions to Fly are simple and direct.
Withdraw the 'GB Track' name altogether.
Produce two very clearly distinct ranges of cars - one precision targetted directly at collectors and named unequivocally as such, the other range, equally precision targetted and named, at racers. The parts included in each type should be absolutely appropriate to the purpose for which they are sold. This distinct differentiation could result in collectors' cars incoprporating the 'world's best plastic car detail', including under-body and under-chassis detail, but with costs saved on motors, transmisions, guides and any other useless appurtenance, for display purposes.
Conversely, the competition cars would have very robust and considerably simpler detail but with the money invested in a first rate chassis equipped with first rate running gear.

Intelligent design could permit free interchangeability of parts, thus completely satisfying the needs and desires of the whole spectrum of slot car buyers without compromising either. If a racer wants an exquisitely detailed body to wreck on the track, then make it available to him and, if a collector wants to fit a motor etc to his car, then make it available to him. This would maximise initial satisfaction and economical pricing to each of these distinctly different customers, while enabling those customers to develop their cars in any direction they desired. Fly would reap the benefits of sales to completely satisfied customers of either type, while enabling extra profit potential from after-market enhancements.

But if the company really doesn't listen to anyone, then I have just wasted my time in writing and a company that DOES undoubtedly listen to real-world user feedback may well continue the strategy, already in progress, to crush Fly.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Tropi, I cant see your point with this

QUOTE Produce two very clearly distinct ranges of cars - one precision targetted directly at collectors and named unequivocally as such, the other range, equally precision targetted and named, at racers. The parts included in each type should be absolutely appropriate to the purpose for which they are sold. This distinct differentiation could result in collectors' cars incoprporating the 'world's best plastic car detail', including under-body and under-chassis detail, but with costs saved on motors, transmisions, guides and any other useless appurtenance, for display purposes.
Conversely, the competition cars would have very robust and considerably simpler detail but with the money invested in a first rate chassis equipped with first rate running gear.

Slot.it have proove to us that it is feasable to have a car with good decoration and 1st class running gear, how much does this cost? a pound or so more than a scalextric car that does look wrong and is therefore pretty useless as a no mag car.
Why cannot Fly do this?

I think I have a sane point here, you might say otherwise but slot it have proove it is possible

Rob.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts