SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive swapped the motor, hacked a little off the chassis sanded the body a lot& drilled the back of it a bit ive stuck a proslot mag in it as low as i can and put a thin scaley on top of that ive also fitted some plastic bearings to the front axel. what next, i know about the controller i ordered one it came and it was faulty so ive still got to send it back to pendle. so what next?

·
Gary Skipp
6,506 Posts
How plain is the body? Add some decals or similar markings for a personal touch.

I always used to put my spare team associated stickers on all my slot car stuff. I'm thinking of doing a paint job if I buy myself a 'race meet only' car, so make it yours with aesthetics.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I've got it... throw it in the stupid bin and start again and tell us when you have finished, maybe, in a few weeks maybe..

maybe

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (Intergrali @ 21 Mar 2004, 22:42)I've got it... throw it in the stupid bin and start again and tell us when you have finished, maybe, in a few weeks maybe..

maybe
LMAO...

Just what I was thinking

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
That's a bit harsh isn't it? CG's car can't be that bad...My Policar Ferrari 355 is proof that you can indeed polish a t**d!
So enough of these damning statements.

Mark.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I'm gonna get a really big flat magnet and mount a slot.it motor mount on the back. Then a guide at the front. Then I'm gonna put a £300, 150,000rpm slot car motor in it. Then I'm gonna add more magnets.

Then I'm gonna throw it away and race my no mag Slot.It Audi.

Lotus

·
Registered
420 Posts
Last year we had quite a lof of fun with the Scalextric single seaters... (not the F1) and all we did was to take out the magnets and add just a little weight in the front (above the guide). We ran on a 18m Carrera track 14,8 Volt and electronic controllers. Sure there are faster (and better) cars out there - but these cars were quite an enjoyable challenge and they were more than fast enough for our rather technically challenging track...

and another thing - they are only five pounds each...

//peter

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, as for chuck it in the bin and demag it.... i put more mags in and sliced even more off the chassis
and now it runs a 3.4sec on my track (the challenger on fast setting gets 5.5sec as best ever normally runs at 5.8 and up

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
i think that advantage is due to the controller and the extra improovements (if i could call them that? we should make it a sin!!!!
) have no real affect apart from letting you destroy the car even more when it departs from said track

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm with you all the way Goose!

But surely you can do more in a saloon car than you can do in a single seater?

More space available.

Moped

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
more space, yes but also more weight, thake a look at my cut down chassis....
also the big fat slix on the back make for some good grip!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
also ive now fitted a 10mm wider axel on the back with the same tyres (black wheels though) after it ate 3 teeth off the crown and ive fitted a 100uF 16v cap in the front to help it over the crossovers a little bit (not to mention the extra motor revs im getting)
i luv this car!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts