SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mark
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, can anyone advise what glue is best used to stick a headlight lense back onto my citroen? got boat loads of superglue but i'm reluctant to use it unless anyone can say for sure if it will make the lense fog up. if it will, what other glue is best? got some polycement somewhere or will it be a trip to the shops?
thanks
mark

·
Circuit Owner
5,892 Posts
It depends on the plastic used for the lens but the chances are the superglue WILL fog the lens so I would steer clear.

Polycement can also fog lenses if you use too much or smear it. Used in small quantities it should be OK (providing the two plastics are compatible with polycement).

Bear in mind that polycement works by melting and fusing the plastic so you may want to consider alternatives (I have successfully used a UHU type glue in the past) and that is where my knowledge runs out. Sorry!

·
Ian
99 Posts
I use PVA Glue, wood glue its cheap and available from any D.I.Y outlet and it dries clear with no ill effects on plastic.

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
Have to agree with G-S Hypo Cement, brilliant stuff and cheap to. It was recommended to me by another forum member, it's easy to apply, clean and importantly bonds quickly

·
Registered
270 Posts
DELUXE MATERIALS AD-55 - GLUE N GLAZE Water based glue. Takes time to fully dry but is completely clear when set and sticks well

·
Mark
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the replies! got some pva glue floating around but didn't think of using it lol plenty of idea's so am a lot more happy to sort my dodgy citroen headlight lol
thank you!
happy boy again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts