SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So people, how did we all get into this monster of a hobby?

I didn't have a Scalextric set until I was in gainful employment and bought my own, together with extra cars and a lot of track a friend gave me. Then, in my late teens I sold it all off and never really bothered with it (slot racing) until last year! As some of you already know, I run a 22 year old 2.8 injection Capri (1:1 scale
) so naturally a source of parts in this day and age is ebay. A search for Ford Capri turned up some slot cars, namely a couple of FLY Zakspeeds. Once I'd got them, I started looking for somewhere to race them (no home track needed - wouldn't upset my missus too much). Another friend (thanks Chris) directed me to Slot Tech and the rest is history!

I now have probably over 2 dozen slot cars and am starting to plan a layout in my loft (attic for our US friends). My wife hasn't divorced me...at the moment!

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've heard about the "eh?" mannerism, but not from Canadians. It was by that Aussie comedian - I forget his name, but he always used to wear a badly done blonde wig and a shell suit. He said that in a certain area of Australia, they always finish a sentence with "eh?" , Eh?
So maybe it's becoming a worldwide thing, along with finishing every sentence so that it sounds like a question, and dodgy cockney english, innit?

Mark. I live in Lancashire, me. Oop 'ere we know 'ow to talk proper. So that want's to brush up on thi' Queen's English ya buggers!

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What are these vibrators you guys are on about? I know A/C alternates and I know about the "other" vibrators thanks to the likes of Ann Summers shops..ahem.
But in the context of slot cars, could I have an explanation?

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Indeed! Thanks for the info guys
So did the cars sound similar to a popsicle stick in you bicycle wheel?
At least it seems the UK managed to sell a dodgy design to the US rather than giving them our good ones - Harrier VTOL anyone?
Oh well... we (and France!) got an SST first. Concorde was and still is a righteous aeroplane

Mark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.