SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fly Saleen GT-R (07) was advertised as the latest development of the racing non mag, expensive geared range, and an improvement on the Saleen Racing GT

I have one, bought on sale from Get Slotted, but it doesnt seem to be listed there or at Pendle. Has this model been discontinued? If so, why? Was/is it better than the GT version?

Anyway, I painted mine (I know - sacrilidge because the weight of the paint will spoil all the fine weight saving and tuning that Fly engineers have put in - but sorry I just can't be doing with cars that look like tupaware) - and now it looks like this:

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, definately my best paint job so far.. learning slowly!

I agree about the small wheels - is it standard practice in making non-mag cars drive competitively to give them small wheels?

·
Registered
84 Posts
QUOTE (astro @ 24 Sep 2004, 21:03)thanks guys, definately my best paint job so far.. learning slowly!

I agree about the small wheels - is it standard practice in making non-mag cars drive competitively to give them small wheels?
Fly do the small wheels for the same reason as Slotit. As the cars are race cars any weight saving is good especially rotating mass.

Slotit sell larger diameter wheels for aftermarket but put the smaller ones on their cars. I have tried the larger diameter wheels but I did notice a loss in performance in handling as well as acceleration and braking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dunno if u mean that fluorisant blue one or that metallic blue one..
That metallic blue one i spotted some time ago as well;
This was, if i'm not mistaken, a roadcar and was a limited edition
made by fly. It could very well be that these models are all out of sales.
That fluorisant blue one from fly is available at a Dutch webstore.

Greetings,

Bandit (who bought the orange Saleen roadcar from Team Slot)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts