SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
I recon the "designer" was a fan of Cleetus Mcfarland, and in an attempt to produce said burnout car had not fully thought through the guide wires would likely fail long before any tyres would pop if driven by a motor.

The Scalextric 360 Degree concept on a couple of Porsche 962's proves that partial donuts are possible though.

On the other hand, we are all assuming it's a track car intended to turn around a track. Maybe the concept is some kind of steering damper, intended to keep the guide flag pointing in the same direction all the time, possibly for drag racing?

· Registered
367 Posts
In a related observation, I've been amazed by the number of old cars I've found where, for instance, one rear wheel has been changed, but not the other...

My working theory is that it was done by a teenager and his hormones hit overnight or even faster, obliging him to drop the slots and cherchez la femme!

Don
How many I wonder have realised the error of their ways and spent the rest of their lives trying to return to slot cars.

· Registered
367 Posts
And to add to those..... Hang on buddy. I added that guy. View attachment 334601
I've not seen anything like these before, very interesting. The motors look like they could produce a fair amount of torque.

I hope Mr Power Ranger is wearing some Titanium underpants, otherwise when wheelies ensue, his seat area is likely to suffer similar temperatures to having consumed an extra spicy Vindaloo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts