SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this little beast off Ebay for a tenner. Like my sad little P4, no one wanted it so I took pity on it.

Can anyone tell me what it is?........It has a Lexan shell and seems to have a 16D type motor.

These are all the details I have at the moment , so if anyone can fill in the blanks, it would be appreciated.

Regards

Alan

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Can't help with the ID Beejay, but...

QUOTE Like my sad little P4, no one wanted it so I took pity on it.

.... are you in the market for a 12-year-old son??

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew it was one of the CANAM Ferrari's but I wasn't sure which one!...Thank MP.

Fergy.......I am so sorry I can't help with your son....as I have a bit of a housefull at the moment.....My eldest has taken my car and gone off to Warwick for a few days and left his girlfriend here, my twins are back from University....one with a Canadian friend who I seem to have adopted for the Summer and the other with three young ladies, (like father like son eh!), who it seems are staying for the duration.

In addition to all this I now have to try and make my way to Weybridge of all places tomorrow, sans car......I love British Rail!, and to cap it all the waterpump on my Healey has packed up, so I've got to get hold of a new one and it's a nightmare to fix.

The best bit is I then have to read about David Lawson's Perfect Day!!!!!!!!!......

Regards

Alan

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Beejay, makes my burnt finger-tips (from hand-holding brass while shaping with the Dremel) seem a bit insignificant!
Besides, if you have one Canadian there.... you don't need two!

I figured you knew it was a 350 Can-Am! It was the chassis I couldn't identify.... and still can't...

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
The chassis looks like a Strombecker or a cheap copy is it brass or Aluminium? I think Minori did a strommy looka like many years ago.
Phil

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
These chassis were marketed in the UK as Riko and made in Japan, and they sold bucket loads of them!
They are a direct copy of a Monogram but are slightly wider and are plated steel.

They were still selling the Riko range in Beatties until just a few years ago.
The only bad parts were the tyres which are absolutley useless!

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Yes- I agree with Phil. I have an exactly similar Riko model, except it has a Vacform Ford Mk IV shell. Goes like the clappers with the old motor but new tyres.

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Chaps. Sounds like Fun.

Any recommendations for new tyre types for it and Suppliers?...

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
And if it's any help, I seem to remember the shells being supplied by Taylormade. But I could be wrong on that. They're not the greatest!

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
The wheels were also pretty much a monogram copy as well, so anything for these would fit ok, they came in three sizes depending on width of the wheel.

Most replacement tyre manufacturers do them including Ortmann and Indygrips.
If you want something a little chunkier then try the Cox Cheetah ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts