SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Just received this from the States and I'm having trouble identifying what model it's supposed to be. Looks like a Ferrari 246SP, but I thought they were only made as a Spyder and not a Coupé... can one of you Tifosis help me out here?

It's Made in Hong Kong, about 1/43 scale, but no manufacturer indicated. I have a few more like this, with the same chassis, but different bodies, so not really sure who made it either..

Any input welcome!

Don
Tire Hood Wheel Motor vehicle Car
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Hood Vehicle Wheel Tire Car
Bumper Gadget Automotive exterior Metal Camera lens

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Looking at the roof. I had the same experience when I left a NSR Supra on the dashboard of my car.

·
Premium Member
5,186 Posts
How about, "it's a truly ugly lump of wasted plastic, proving once more that engineers are poor stylists. " ? :)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Whatever it is, it need to be muscled up , and placed on a course of steroids . I was having second looks , trying to figure out the front and rear of the car .....terrible design work .
Surely Don , you're not having that in your collection ? Then again , we all have unusual and individual tastes .....why not ...go for it !
Zig

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you squint a bit, the nose and tail are a little bit 'Vetteish. Dunno what's going on in the middle though.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
There was a sporty road going version by I think Don Yenko which may well have had a spoiler on the back.
Yes, the Yenko Stinger. It was a very small spoiler, but apparently that's all it needed.
:(
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

I had some Yenko bits on my Corvair, but they didn't improve its handling any. :(

·
Administrator
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, yes, thanks guys, but the front still looks very Ferrari sharknosish to me, hence the 246, but with a roof! Except for that, true that it roughly resembles a Corvair.

Zig, this is exactly the kind of thing I like to collect, along with the quirky and the inventive scratchbuilds - the odder the better!

Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts