Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a Carrera Digital 132 set for my son and we have less than 10 hours of use on the track.
Included were 3 cars, now one is not working... can someone tell me what has happened or what I need to do to reset this car...see video.

thanks in advance for any suggestions or answers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi
Do you have connect the transformer with any other equipment in the same plug or in the same electric extension?
I have a identical problem (i use control unit) when i connect a LCD and the transformer in the same electric extension. The car start and stop ...start and stop. I quit the plug of the LCD i turn off ans turn on the CU and it works well. I don´t know also if is a Infra red interference with wilress tower.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (EngyPT @ 29 Jan 2012, 17:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi
Do you have connect the transformer with any other equipment in the same plug or in the same electric extension?
I have a identical problem (i use control unit) when i connect a LCD and the transformer in the same electric extension. The car start and stop ...start and stop. I quit the plug of the LCD i turn off ans turn on the CU and it works well. I don´t know also if is a Infra red interference with wilress tower.
No, we have no additional accessories attached.

·
Bruce Yingling
1,603 Posts
QUOTE (gtp2 @ 29 Jan 2012, 09:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks in advance for any suggestions or answers

Have you checked the braids on the car? When a car causes the BB to beep like that, it generally means it is shorting out the track. It could be as simple as frayed braids touching each other.

Beyond that, any fix would likely involve taking the car apart and checking the wires leading to/from the chip, the braids, and the motor. I could understand why you may not want to do that. If that is the case, I'd suggect contacting the dealer where the set was purchased.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (b.yingling @ 29 Jan 2012, 21:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have you checked the braids on the car? When a car causes the BB to beep like that, it generally means it is shorting out the track. It could be as simple as frayed braids touching each other.
Was my first thought, not from the braids...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts