Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey Gents; I have been trying to formulate a list of my "Holy Grail" slot cars. You know the ones that are either too rare, or too expensive (usually both!) for you to add to your collection.

Here are mine;

1. CRC - Ferrari 315S

2. CRC - Ferrari 335S

3. MMK & SP Collectibles - Ferrari 512S

4. MMK & SP Collectibles - Ferrari 512S

5. Slot Classic - Ferrari 335S

So thats my top Five! How about yours? Lets see what is on your ultimate "WANT" list.

Gordo Bond 007

·
Johnny Fuglestad
417 Posts
Have all that i want.

But here is a list of what i love the most.
1. Scalex Javelin in ligth blue (my first slotcar)
2. NSR Mosler (for speed)
3. Scalex march 711
4. Cox chaparal
5. NSR P68 for joy

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
After much thought, I have had to segregate this into Past and Present.

Past.
1. Cox Chapparal 2E IFC 1/24 Flippy Wing.
2. Cox Dan Gurney NASCAR. 1/24 Galaxy. ( Iconic ). ( Got one !! ).
3. Monogram Midget Racer 1/24. ( Brilliant concept, great model ). ( Got several !!?? ).
4. MRRC Merc 154 4WD 1/32. ( Amazing production feat for the time, still impressive model engineering ) ( Got 2+ ).
5. Airfix Mini. ( More fun than XXX, still enjoyable today, 40 years later !! ) ( Got several !!?? ).

Present.
1. Fly Viper. ( Arguably the first of "New Generation" slotcars ).
2. Spirit Peugeot Saloon. ( Unbeatable still after 5 years ).
3. NSR Mosler. ( Game Changer ).
4. MSC Subaru 4WD. ( Amazing detail, fit Slotit offset SW and unbeatable ).
5. SCX F1. ( SA FF + axle tube = pace-setter at min cost ).

One may disagree but hey this is a personal point of view !!.

VBR Chris A.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...Hmmm, while both of your lists are interesting, they aren't particulaly rare or hard to find slot cars are they?

I guess that I am more talking about "dream slot cars" that you would very much like to own, if only you could find one, and then actually had the cash to afford it if you ever found one.

For instance maybe your a huge Gulf Racing Team fan and if you could find one, you would love to get one of those 2 car sets that Fly made celebrating the 1970 - 24 hrs of Lemans. I guess that I'm talking more about collectibles, rather than cars that run good, but can be found virtualy anywhere.

Anyway thanks for your inputs.

Gordo Bond 007

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Let's see. I haven't a top 5. And the ones that are on the list are probably more "Like to have" than anything else. In no particular order.

ProtoSlot Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - Price is way out of my league.

Not an exactly perfect representation of one of the sexiest cars in the world.

SlotClassic Morgan 4/4 or Plus 4 (either would do - it's not for me) - Price is once again out of my league

Any and all of GP Miniatures Astons.
I'm working on saving.

Pioneer MGB - One day it will be released, Jules assures me so. It shall be mine. Oh yes... It shall be mine.

Really, there's not that much that I want.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE ProtoSlot Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - Price is way out of my league.

Agreed! I am more of a Ferrari guy, but that Alfa is so hot, I may just have to add it to my list!

Awesome Dream Slot Car! Thanks

Gordo

·
Slot King
2,602 Posts
Here are my top 5 in no particular order.

Ferrari 250 GT Zagato
Unicar Ferrari P4 1/24
Unicar Alfa TZ2 1/24
Unicar Ferrari Dino 1/24
Maserati A6 Zagato (or Lancia Flaminia Zagato)

Joel

PS: I agree with Chris about the Airfix Mini and the Fly Viper.

·
Registered
294 Posts

Lotus 79 is mine

1978 is the year I first really got into motorsport and the 79 was the epitomy of if it looks good, it is good.

The Ostorero ready to run model was £200 and the kit £100. I can't justify that sort of money even if I could find a supplier these days.

Most of my other wants have never been made, but would probaly go like this.

Sauber c6

Aston martin amr1

Toleman tg280

·
Registered
361 Posts
Only old cars, in 1:32:

Revell Sunbeam Alpine (would complete my metal chassis 1:32 Revell collection)
AirfixMRRC Indy Novi Ferguson 4WD
Hawk Lancia Ferrari
Lindberg Lola F1 (any of that series really)
Monogram Lola T70
Strombecker brass chassis Plymouth Barracuda

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
I'm lucky enough to have one of my Holy Grail's, A mint boxed 1/24th Cucaracha. What I would love to have are a Classic Industries Stinger and a Tamiya Plymouth Fury. Memories of my youth.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I only have two things.

First is an Avant Raid Truck that I haven't ever seen for sale anywhere in the last few years - it's as rare as anything and I'm beginning to wonder whether any actually got made - even with the GFC nobody in Europe decided to sell one from their collections (urgh).....

The second is a car that I've seen in the flesh and I've had the opportunity to buy but I simply can't justify the outlay. It is one of those cars that photographs simply can't justify the beauty . I'm rather glad now that Slot.it confirmed that 100 had been made (unclear as to how many have been released but research seems to indicate very low teens).

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I have embraced Buddhism so do not covet any slotcars 5 or otherwise.

Nah just at the end of the supply chain and the difficulty of obtaining them keeps me safe.

G

·
The "Holy Grail" slot cars for me are the two hand painted Ferrari 250 LM's that Racer did for Xmas 2005.

Even if they would come on the market I possibly couldn't afford them but they would complete my Racer 250LM collection, and yes i do own one of the Mecon Racing Team "night version"

·
Registered
361 Posts
QUOTE (justDave @ 3 Oct 2012, 11:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>MRRC 4WD Mercedes and Novi were my dreams as a kid - still are. I guess I could afford them but my racing habit is expensive enough as it is without having to fund shelf queens.

Of the MRRC 4WD cars the Mercedes is the easiest & cheapest to find, and good fun to drive! The problem to an active racer would be the time it takes to restore, a very complicated chassis. Still, I recommend the experience if you find one in good working order.

·
Digital &quot;Tea Boy&quot;
777 Posts
Probably not in the same category as the some of the other cars, but here are mine, the only 6 cars "Quattro-X aka Takara" made - with their controversial "Racing Queens":

Honda NSX Takata Dome

Honda NSX Raybrig

Toyota Supra Au Cerumo

Toyota Supra ESSO Ultraflo

Nissan 350Z Xanavi

Nissan 350Z Calsonic

Luckily I bought the 6 Scaley ones to race the living daylights out of....these 6 are mint and will never see a track.

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
Uhhhh Keeto, technically thecars seen the track...... At least on you pictures they do

My Holy Grails,

Masarati Birdcage

Ostorero lotus

Carrerahot rod

SCX TT Baja Buggy

Midget Racer

·
Registered
132 Posts
Right at the moment...
C38 Scalextric Cooper in Green
C39 Scalextric Ferrari in Red