SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Hi Compound

It depends on a number of factors; the track that you are racing on, the power that is available, the type of hand controller that you use, what modifications the rules permit, and most importantly, the size of your wallet!

The fastest slot cars in the world -- excluding drag cars -- are Group 7 "wing" cars, such as the one below. They get around a 155' long track in around 1.5 seconds.....

Picture courtesy of Old Weird Herald.

However, you will most probably find that the fastest way around any slot car track, regardless of the class of car, is a combination of good handling, coupled with good brakes and acceleration -- not necessarily out and out straight-line speed.

Short of scratch-building your own chassis and buying a $300 cobalt magnet motor to go in it, your best bet is probably a TSRF32 car, available in the UK from AB Slot Sport.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
That is really sound advice from Russell.
Even with a TSRF, the recommendation is 3-4 amps per car.
Although they will run on as litle as 1 amp, they won't run to max potential.

For those who have never seen one before, the 'plastic thing' above the 'spindly thing' IS the wing car 'body'. They are utterly incredible performers but are ugly brutes of the first order!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im looking for something relatavely cheap probbably no more than £30 or £35
i was thinking about hacking that single seat racer apart again......

has anyone seen any photos online of what a slotit F1 back axel kit looks like when fitted to a car. I was thinking about buying one to fit to me single seat!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
u know the single seat with the proslot mag and sc07 motor, would whacking a slotit axel kit on it make it go faster???? would of thought so and i dont think that running plastic crown to metal pinion would be a good idea!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ne way would the car work better or worse with a higher acceleration gearing i was going for a probbably 3-1, would the slotit wheels look out of place on the single seat racer?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeh but then on my track it makes more sense to leave them in......
and the reason i want to go fast is coz im a twisted lil speed freak: the faster the better

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
the fastest motor is not always best..
the fastest is what you can handle on the track, what is driver friendly, I can give a 35k a good workout but only on a big track or if I gear it for acceleration.

Rob.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Compound. You may be a speed freak but are your fellow racers? Are you putting a car together for the purpose of some competition or is it simply for personal gratification?

Ultimately the best way to make a car go faster is to turn the power up!

If you cannot turn the power up easily then it is going to be very difficult to make cars go much faster as if you put more magnets in the additional downforce will put more drag on the car and therefore it may end up going slower, not faster.

Moped

1 - 20 of 28 Posts