SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Hi All Digital Fans

When chipping other cars what chips are known to be SAFE to use ie: you have actually used them ?

I have a lot of Ninco's I would like to chip so

So Are The Following Safe to Use

NC2's

NC3's

NC5's

Or would I be best putting in a Scalextric Motor ?
I run NON MAG if it makes any difference

Thanks

Michael

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
I race with magnets and use the yellow 20,000 RPM motor from scaley with no issues.

I have also used the orange 25,000 RPM motors but have found the scaley chip can have issues with these motors so I have used the Slot.It chips with these motors instead.

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
I have now chipped 18 Nincos and have only had to uprate one of the chips with more powerful diodes as that motor was rated at 23.5k.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Hi!

I have for some time now used the V12/3-21 slot-it motor with 21500 RPM.. with no problems. I have only used them with the in-car saloon chip.
Also i have used the 20K scalextric with the DPR chip.

Studse

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
..... correction, before I started replacing the diodes I did an extra portion of chips.....

View attachment 9736

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
QUOTE (grimboracer @ 29 Feb 2012, 07:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i think that anything under 20,000 rpm is fine upto 25'000 use a slot it chip.

I don't get that part as RPM quoted is at different Volts for each manufacture so if you had a 25k motor at 15volts but then run it at 10 Volts it would only spin at under 20k'ish

Also is it not the amp draw that fries the chip ? as how would the motor spinning faster if it was pulling the same amps and using the same voltage kill a chip ?

This is why I was hoping for exact motor spec / type and if it works OK ?

@ Greg - what Nc's where they I see it was a NC 6 that you double chipped also did you get my PM ?

Michael

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Hi .... see my post regarding IR LEDs. I suspect that you might have a loose wire as the wires are rather stiff and prone to breaking as they age.

DPR plug bodies and DPR pins, of which you will need 4 per body.

I use RPM as a simple rule of thumb. Motors up to 20k of most makes appear to be fine with a standard SSD chip and if you uprate the diodes, then you are probably good for 25k. I have tested up to 30k but you only get 1 lap before you have to let it cool down.

The Ninco motors were generally no bigger than the 20k ones. I tend to look at the spec rather than the type of the motor.

·
Digital &quot;Tea Boy&quot;
777 Posts
Hi there,

Did this Ninco Lexus SC430 on Monday; NC5 motor + Scaley 7005 F1 chip + ICP V3.3 + Ninco Mag; Have done around 600 laps with the car, 300 of those consecutively = No Problems. I would consider that safe....

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (GregK @ 29 Feb 2012, 15:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi .... see my post regarding IR LEDs. I suspect that you might have a loose wire as the wires are rather stiff and prone to breaking as they age.

Wish it was that simple but I have actually broken a piece of the ILR somehow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts