SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, like many others I'm new to this forum and to the slot car world, I have searched many sites and I have not been able to find the exact information I want or need and I wanted to know if anyone could help me.

A few months ago I bought a cheap slot car track for my son and I really liked it, so I started researching and ended up deciding to buy a Carrera GO.

The cheap track that I bought brought its own cars, but I cannot use those cars in the Carrera GO, as I said earlier I have searched everywhere and I have not found a specific parts list to be able to convert the cars and be able to use them on the track .

From what I understand, a car consists of the following parts:

1. Chassis and his parts
2. Body
3. Motor and his parts like the pinion
4. Cables to connect the motor to the brushes

But is there a part number that allows me to identify each one?

When opening and reviewing the Carrera GO cars they bring a motor, a capacitor and choke inductors instead of cables, but when reviewing the forums and seeing that people build their own cars I see that they only have the motor and cables, they do not have the capacitor or choke inductors.

I think the message is getting very long, so my questions would be:

1. What parts do I need to build/convert another slot car into a Carrera GO?
For example I think not all motors works in Carrera GO.

2. Do I really need the capacitor and choke inductors?

3. I understand that you can build a car by buying the chassis, the body, the motor and the cables, etc, but how do I know which chassis goes with which body or the chassis and the body are like a "one size" and any body fits in any chasis, same for the motor ?

I don´t really figure out yet how to fit all parts together (for example diferent chassis, diferent motors) to get the parts I really need.

I would really like to use the cheap cars in the Carrera GO track and I would really like to build my own cars.

Thanks for any advise you can give me
smile.png

·
Registered
368 Posts
hi ZeroHager

welcome to the hobby

carrera go is a very good 1/43 option

but sadly some cars will not run on Carrera Go without modification to either the cars or the Go track

these being some of the cheaper chinese cars and the older Arten cars

ninco , wrc , scx compact and others will run fine

with regards to building your own cars using the cheap cars , this is definitely an option

i usually try to use the same chassis or a 3dp chassis and same wheels

pretty much any 12v motor will be ok if it fits inside the body and then wire it to the pickups

others will explain specifics

but truly this hobby is endless

have a look at the other 1/43 sections for inspiration

and dont hesitate to ask questions

also Lloyd holds a 1/43 zoom chat at 8pm UK most mondays , log in info advertised on this forum

kev

Reactions: ZeroHager

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kev,

Thanks for your answare, I really appreciate.

If I understand well, this cars "older Arten cars, ninco , wrc , scx compact" will run fine without any modification?

and the cars don't need neither the choke inductor nor the capacitor, only need a 12v motor conected directly to the pickups?

About taking a look at the other sectios, I actually seen some looking for answares for my questions and seen some pretty stuff, but at this moment is a little bit difficult to understand what I have to do, but I know that when I build/convet my first car everything will become more easily.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
welcome to the forum!

for the cars in the pictures, you need to change the motor to a 12V motor and they will run on go! track.

the electric parts between the brushes and motors are for electric noise reduction and are not necessary to run the cars.

the motors in the pictures are "13D" motors which explain only the size of the can.

the only source for such a motor from my knowledge is from www.conrad.at (which doesn´t really help a bit), but any 18000rpm @ 12V slotcar motor in the right size should work fine.

SCX compact and WRC cars run directly on go!track without modifications.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Welcome ZeroHager, It is possible to fit a different motor to the chassis you have but you then need to change the pinion as the motor you have has a larger diameter shaft than the smaller motors.

Another option is to use a variaable voltage power supply that will then allow you to run these cars on your Carrera Go track. These can be found cheaply on Ebay.

What country are you in as this can affect what may be available to you?

Regards, Lloyd

·
Registered
251 Posts
Did the cheap set come with a wall plug power supply or is it battery powered? If it is a wall adapter, a picture of the label would help too

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welcome to the forum!

for the cars in the pictures, you need to change the motor to a 12V motor and they will run on go! track.

the electric parts between the brushes and motors are for electric noise reduction and are not necessary to run the cars.

the motors in the pictures are "13D" motors which explain only the size of the can.

the only source for such a motor from my knowledge is from www.conrad.at (which doesn´t really help a bit), but any 18000rpm @ 12V slotcar motor in the right size should work fine.

SCX compact and WRC cars run directly on go!track without modifications.
Hi and thanks pfuetze,

Thanks for the info, now I know this:

Motor: any 18000rpm @ 12V slotcar motor in the right size should work fine.

Capacitor and choke inductors: they are not necessary.

Cars: SCX compact and WRC cars run directly on go! track

Thanks a lot!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome ZeroHager, It is possible to fit a different motor to the chassis you have but you then need to change the pinion as the motor you have has a larger diameter shaft than the smaller motors.

Another option is to use a variaable voltage power supply that will then allow you to run these cars on your Carrera Go track. These can be found cheaply on Ebay.

What country are you in as this can affect what may be available to you?

Regards, Lloyd
Hi and thanks Lloyd,

If I change the pinion have to change the crown too? (I asume, or maybe not), those little details are what lose me a little.

A variable voltage power supply would be for choosing the output voltage of the power supply?

I'm from Costa Rica.

Here in Costa Rica we don't have that kind of stores (not ebay, "slot car stores") and from my little research I found that most of the stores are very far far far away from me
unsure.png
which becomes in very high costs if I want to buy some specific parts, but I will try.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did the cheap set come with a wall plug power supply or is it battery powered? If it is a wall adapter, a picture of the label would help too
Hi Cdub,

The cheap set is battery powered
sad.png
, 3 type C batteries.

The good thing about the cheap set is that I modified some pieces and put it together with the carrera go
smile.png

Regards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts